Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley is a good player, I like him. We all do, and we all hope he improves to become a top player.

But to simply buy into the hype and tell people that he will definitely become one of the greatest players in the world is optimistic at best and in many cases on here, just wildly deluded.

Barkley is a good player, I like him. We all do, and we all hope he improves to become a top player.[/B]

But to simply buy into the hype and tell people that he will definitely become one of the greatest players in the world is optimistic at best and in many cases on here, just wildly deluded.

that's a given to be fair

Stats don't seem to bother the majority of fans or managers or even England managers but obviously you cling on to them like gold dust and would pick a team on stats alone.

I really do get the impression Hodgson has had him in his squad because of what he has heard, rather than what he has seen.

One game

Naismith came on against Fulham away and changed the game, So what?
Naismith was also absolute [Poor language removed] for a good portion of his time at Everton. It also hasn't only been one game that Barkley has shone in, you can see that he has massive potential and if he doesn't even reach half of that, will still be the better player of the two. This isn't a post slagging Naismith off either btw, he is a useful squad player who is more than capable of stepping in when needed but I'd just prefer Martinez keeps a settled team and players the best players in their position.

Shelvey 6 assists 6 goals (last season

Barkley zero assists 6 goals

But hey Shelvey is 18 months older

He might not though
So negative mate. Barkley is probably the biggest reason for any evertonian to be positive. Any club in the league would love to have him in their squad. Fact is, we won't know how good he will be for another year or two yet, everyone has seen the flashes though and that's enough for most, myself included, to believe he is going to be a truly brilliant player.

Bashing Barkley is clearly what all the cool kids are doing at the moment

Fair enough

Such people will probably only realise what we have with Ross when he moves on and does it for someone else

Well said it makes me glad Rooney [Poor language removed] us off and kissed the badge when you have prized weapons who follow this club

Barkley is a good player, I like him. We all do, and we all hope he improves to become a top player.

Yes it is wildly deluded because no one can predict it. Think many on here are actually 'hoping' he will be and on the evidence so far he potentially could. Don't think too many are stating it as a given.

So negative mate. Barkley is probably the biggest reason for any evertonian to be positive. Any club in the league would love to have him in their squad. Fact is, we won't know how good he will be for another year or two yet, everyone has seen the flashes though and that's enough for most, myself included, to believe he is going to be a truly brilliant player.

Would they? You know this as fact mate? Or are you basing this on the papers saying City/Chelsea/Utd are going to bid 50m for him

Zero assists for a "class talent" playing in a top 5 side

Pathetic

He is has the potential to be class, showcased by performances and moments last season.

I dont care how many assists he gets, and neither should you at this point in his development. He is going to be a box to box midfielder because of his ability to run with the ball and beat men. You are right to say he isnt a long-term number 10 because he doesnt seem to have that subtly to his game in threading passes etc.

But you are still missing the point. Great players need games. Tadic and whoever else you are drooling over had time and games to find maturity consistency, both of which Ross like any other prospect is missing.

You are judging him now as a top talent, which he isnt. He's a raw but world class 'prospect'. Games like Arsenal away last season prove that.

And comparisons to Shelvey? Get a grip mate.

Yes it is wildly deluded because no one can predict it. Think many on here are actually 'hoping' he will be and on the evidence so far he potentially could. Don't think too many are stating it as a given.

That's where I struggle mate

He hasn't really done anything has he, Couple of decent games here and there but nothing to make you think WOW this kid is a world beater

Status
Not open for further replies.