Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I rather have him? Of course, Buts that's not the discussion is it? There's a massive part of our fan base who seem to think this lad is going to be the next Gazza, I believe he's hardly shown anything to suggest that, A few good goals here and there and not much else

Like I said in the summer, We needed a proper AM in the transfer window, Barkley's lack of assists have a massive impact on the center forward, Look at Tadic ffs, He's setting up goals for fun
Maybe he will, maybe he won't. He needs a couple of seasons with no major injuries and we will know a lot more about him. He's got a lot to offer us. I see where you're coming from with Tadic but you're comparing a player who is at peak form/coming into the peak age of his career with a lad who has effectively just finished puberty.

Bringing in another AM would mean less games for Naismith and Barkley, Barkley needs games to develop. If you want him to reach his potential then surely you understand he has to play games and he will make mistakes, so saying we should have brought in another AM doesn't really make any sense.

Between Barkley and Naismith, we have enough in that position imo and in the summer we had other areas to strengthen.

Don't get me wrong, having Tadic in the squad now would be a massive boost, we would have more points on the board, but long term Barkley has more potential and if he fulfills it will produce more down the line. For him to do that he has to play.

Would I rather have him? Of course, Buts that's not the discussion is it? There's a massive part of our fan base who seem to think this lad is going to be the next Gazza, I believe he's hardly shown anything to suggest that, A few good goals here and there and not much else

Like I said in the summer, We needed a proper AM in the transfer window, Barkley's lack of assists have a massive impact on the center forward, Look at Tadic ffs, He's setting up goals for fun

Took Tadic a good few years to be like he is now didn't it? or did he just appear as a kid setting goals up for fun?

Throwing stats about?

If someone lets say scored 7 goals and set up 6 and the other lad scored 5 and had 1 assist who would you say has contributed more?

Goals and assists aren't throw away stats ffs they win games

Well Barkley must be really sh1te then by your logic. Don't think so FFS

Took Tadic a good few years to be like he is now didn't it? or did he just appear as a kid setting goals up for fun?

Shelvey 6 assists 6 goals (last season

Barkley zero assists 6 goals

But hey Shelvey is 18 months older

Barkley is going to be astonishingly good, but it's going to take time

He's still young and this is only his second season under Martinez after complete misuse under Moyes

Please guys, if there's any young player you don't just dismiss out of hand, make it Ross Barkley. He's this clubs future and it's imperative that we hold onto him

He might not though

How many goals/assists does Naismith have compared to Barkley in that position
Barkley is skilful, fast and draws the opposition players out of position, Naismith is very slow. Do stats on paper always tell the full story? When Barkley is behind the striker IMO we play much better, there is more room and overall we're just better to watch. Think back to that Newcastle away game last season when Barkley was behind Lukaku, it was absolutely brilliant football.

Barkley is skilful, fast and draws the opposition players out of position, Naismith is very slow. Do stats on paper always tell the full story? When Barkley is behind the striker IMO we play much better, there is more room and overall we're just better to watch. Think back to that Newcastle away game last season when Barkley was behind Lukaku, it was absolutely brilliant football.

One game

Naismith came on against Fulham away and changed the game, So what?

Status
Not open for further replies.