Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result against Bolton that.

Great seeing couch head whinging on the touchline today, it reminded me of his cryarsing after the Gravesen free kick winner against Bolton.

One of our players took the wall out, and i thought Allardyces head was going to explode, he wasn't happy.

Injuries haven't helped, but Martinez has failed to make good decisions.

He's having a very conservative second season. IMO he's foxed on how to get the PL/EL balance right and making some bizarre team selections.

Have to disagree with you entirely David, I'm sorry. The reason for the conservatism is down to one thing, a lesson learned and accepted by Martinez. That one thing? The Chelsea goal fest. He realised that he had to compromise his gung ho passing game just a little in the name of security.He has not made 'bizzarre' decisions, he's made difficult decisions. More power to him.

Would hope to see Barry and baines back for that game. Miralles will have had another weeks training under his belt. Would feel confident of getting a result there if those players are back. Today was a potential banana skin, we didn't play that well, but the result was more important than the performance.

First off, Clattenberg is a simply awful referee. He completely lost control of the game. He just is good not enough to ref at the highest level

Also, the West Ham fans were a genuine disgrace. Not only did they not clap Naismith as he was stretchered past them, I saw a number of them shouting and making rude gestures to one of the ball boys

Thought Hibbert entered a solid performance at left back. His decent season continues

Delighted for Ossie that he got a goal and also out jumped Andy Carroll at one point

Glad to get the points as losing to those berks would have properly wound me up

That was a great test today. I have seen jags and Distin wilt before when given a big physical battering ,but today they fronted it up and dealt with it.. Well done lads you might get overlooked a bit in the papers tomorrow but Carroll was a threat today and you dealt with him ,just.

Have to disagree with you entirely David, I'm sorry. The reason for the conservatism is down to one thing, a lesson learned and accepted by Martinez. That one thing? The Chelsea goal fest. He realised that he had to compromise his gung ho passing game just a little in the name of security.He has not made 'bizzarre' decisions, he's made difficult decisions. More power to him.

Brilliant post and a one thing which has gone unnoticed. He was given given a harsh lesson that day from rival team, manager, his own players mistakes, lack of fitness etc that would have hit a nerve. So what he's tried to do is get the solidity back and in return we've lost our way a bit. It's not a case of trying to shoehorn Naismith in when Barkley is In or playing players out of position. He's got tried and trusted lads In who will do a job ( hence Hibbert today ) whilst also trying to get lads up and running g fitness wise ( Mirallas today, Barkley the past few games and Lukaku for a while ) regardless of form. He's got a very long term picture in his head has our Bobby, one which I think come the end of the season we will say has paid off. Hasn't felt like it most of this season but once this EL group is done and fingers crossed we qualify we should be in a strong position both fronts.

First off, Clattenberg is a simply awful referee. He completely lost control of the game. He just is good not enough to ref at the highest level

Also, the West Ham fans were a genuine disgrace. Not only did they not clap Naismith as he was stretchered past them, I saw a number of them shouting and making rude gestures to one of the ball boys

Thought Hibbert entered a solid performance at left back. His decent season continues

Delighted for Ossie that he got a goal and also out jumped Andy Carroll at one point

Glad to get the points as losing to those berks would have properly wound me up

I don't mind West Ham fans, good bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.