Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does know its 19:00 kick off doesn't he ?

Originally I thought it was 20:00. Only realised the other day that it is 19:00. Going to be pretty tight but if plane lands on time I should make it for kick off.

Safe travelling to all, really looking forward to seeing up to 10,000 blues in the Lille stadium - amazing support!

Ffs 'Aldo' you prize Plum
Taken from Le Monde English Edition.

Captain Laure Berthaud defends draconian measures put in place for policing football match in Lille.

After previous trouble with PSV fans, Cpt Berthaud has introduced the following measures, Alcohol Ban from 10am-10pm, Ticket checks, Breathalyser checks on all approaches to the stadium, Sniffer and X-ray dogs to be deployed, The Silver Hornet rapid response vehicle will be used, and all officers will be armed.

Cpt Berthaud said last night, after information received about potential disorder from my colleague Sgt Crabtree I have no hesitation in putting these measures in place, I do no want any trouble in The Grand Place.

Later today Cpt Eddy Caplan will be visiting properties in the City's Red Light area warning them to keep their doors and legs firmly closed.

Many Businesses have decided to close their doors for the day, Josephine Karllsonn a local restaurateur and solicitor has decided to close her restaurant Engrenages and many more are expected to follow suit, including all the major fast food chains.

Mayor Jaques Mesrine today said, these unwanted guests can chew my baguette. He also added "it's Thursday night, have they nothing better to do, maybe a neighbours wife, or a port blockade".

Status
Not open for further replies.