Everton v Aston Villa. 18th Oct at 15.00.

Who is scruffier?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • ASTON VILLA

Votes: 115 63.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Call me a nutter though, but I was still pacing around and chewing my nails even at 3-0. The memories of that last 10 minutes against Arsenal are still fresh in the memory.

Did anyone else feel like that or is it just me being a mug as usual?
Me as well mate - was lovely that we were good for a full game not just the beginning or the end.

Impressive performance from the lads, a halftime lead, another goal for Rom, a clean sheet, no injuries and a first home win. Couldn't have asked for more. I anticipated a much closer game tbh and the second goal was always going to be a biggie.

In short, just what the doctor ordered.

THOUGHTS

The return of our Irish lads and Barkley was the difference I felt - I was also surprised at Alcaraz' overall composure after a somewhat nervy start. Rom had his best game yet (this season) in that he did what he needs to do, get at least one goal a game. Even so, the free Naisimith yet again outperformed his £28m counterpart.

In particular, Seamus Coleman was impressive. He is an absolute fairytale of a footballer - signed for 60K, now worth £60m.... easily. Although there was no need to write that last bit as he's OURS! Got that Daily Mail/Metro/S*n?

GOT THAT?!

Even Disney couldn't emulate what this absolute lad has achieved at Everton.

FORM AND FORTUNE

Also, I think today's win has changed the complexion of the early season, especially compared to other seasons we have started "badly" and been fine. After 8 games we are now...

6 points better off than 05/06 - Seven from nine followed, including a draw against rampant Chelsea.
2 points worse off than 07/08 - but now a win and a draw will see us equal that.
1 point better off than 08/09
2 points worse off than 09/10
- but let's assume we'll not have the same dreadful pre-Xmas run that was forthcoming!
Equal with 2010/11 - but again there was an upcoming barren run with only one win in about the next nine games.
3 points better off than 11/12 - Ditto the last two

Although our sights obviously should be higher, but these stats will be a great psychological boost for all going into a very important run of games that, though victory is never taken for granted, should present a great opportunity.... nothing more.

AFTERTHOUGHT

Call me a nutter though, but I was still pacing around and chewing my nails even at 3-0. The memories of that last 10 minutes against Arsenal are still fresh in the memory.

Did anyone else feel like that or is it just me being a mug as usual?

Stats - check, font work - check.

tanzania-safaris-16.jpg

We sent those Aston Villa scruffs packing.

At least we're not scruffy

As someone who recently moved back from Cannock (having been deposed from my job there after only 24 days - long story), I can confirm that the scruffiness isn't just consigned to the city of Birmingham.

It's also a Villa/Walsall stronghold, well, the bits that aren't dominated by gobby Manure fans wearing the daft gingham away kit they had a few years back.

I agree about AVFC fans though, they make ANYONE look like Bertie Wooster. Even if he's wearing paint covered trackies which are so old and worn that bits of underlay are poking through.

If you get run over by a tank and wake up at New Street Station, you know you're on St Peter's shytlist....

Status
Not open for further replies.