Everton v Aston Villa. 18th Oct at 15.00.

Who is scruffier?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • ASTON VILLA

Votes: 115 63.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth mentioning that even though we've had a dodgy start - only 2 points behind Spuds and the Arse
Just came on to make the same point. For as poorly as we have started we're well in the mix for top 4, utd and the rs dropping points would make this weekend about perfect.

I've been swerving football and GOT the last two weeks so great result to come back to and a bit of a sense of relief.

Now imagine this team in the second half of the season with Stones and Mirallas in it.

So many positives from today - Baines was incredible, Lukaku looked much much sharper, McCarthy, Coleman AND Barkley all back and looking excellent already, Naismith was fantastic even though he was out on the wing, Howard looked assured, Alcaraz putting in a top quality shift and showing he can step up, etc etc. Happy stuff.

Best performance of the season, out played Villa in every part of the pitch, it's amazing how much just a couple of players been back can really improve us and bring some confidence back.

The back four looked really solid, and scored two of our goals too. We've got one of the best fullback duo's in Europe, Jags seems back to his usual self and Alcaraz was solid today (I normally feel he tries to do to much but he just played with in his limitations today which is all he ever needs to do.) Barry and McCarthy were both really good today to, protected the back four so well, really allows Baines and Coleman to attack so much.

I was so glad Lukaku scored today, takes some pressure off the off the kid and gives him a much needed confidence boos, Barkley coming back is huge for him. On the note of Barkley returning I was really interested to see how he and Naismith played together and if they'd just get in one another's way but today they showed they can both start together.

Now we've just got to keep playing to that standard and improving, with players returning from injuries and an "easier" fixture there's no excuses to really climb back up the table.

Just came on to make the same point. For as poorly as we have started we're well in the mix for top 4, utd and the rs dropping points would make this weekend about perfect.

I've been swerving football and GOT the last two weeks so great result to come back to and a bit of a sense of relief.

The only danger is that we play Burnley next and of course they haven't won yet......it would be so everton wouldn't it?

Brilliant result I knew Lukaku would score today. I think you're looking at a long run of victories now by the look of the fixtures...

It never works like that though, Would have had your lot as a home banker today all day of the week

No he wasn't. His holdup play was excellent today. Let's not turn Rom into the new whipping boy, he's only 21 and a big investment. It serves no-one's interests to do that.

I think "excellent" is overstating it. It was average. He gave away a few easy passes and got knocked off the ball on a few occasions. I'm not turing Rom into a whipping boy. The guy asked how he was, I think my description was fairly accurate.

Lukaku comes under more scrutiny than any other player because of his huge price tag, If he cost 10m I think people would be less critical, Myself included

Excellent by the club today. Pressure must have hung massively on the players shoulders over the international break. They played like the class players they are, with a bit of swagger and confidence, which is a welcome change indeed.

Well done Rom, good goal.

Thought we were boss today, I'd almost forgotten how much Ross adds to the side, phenomenal© R. Martinez

thought Alcaraz was really good, i like him and if he's going to fill in for stones then that's fine with me. He was always willing to take the ball, showed good awareness, good movement, and distribution, and he took responsibility. Impressed.

Naismith was also boss, the amount of times he won the ball or got a foul or won a throw in,, header or corner was incredible. His attitude is amazing, in the 2nd half he won a free kick purely because he was unwilling to let the villa player win the ball, he was just like, "I'm going nowhere with it but you're not getting it".

Thank you Everton

It never works like that though, Would have had your lot as a home banker today all day of the week
I didn't...we had Monreal as centre back and a rookie as right back lol Hull were always going to score goals today but I get your point.

Hallmark performance of Martinez's Everton. Lots of possession and quick passing. 2+ goals from open play. clean sheet. We got used to that last season. The team today looks like it could give anyone in the league a game. How good is it to have Coleman and Ross back. Hope that goal even if it was soft gives Rom some confidence. They all count. Naismith though. We'll probably get tonked next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.