Jindrich Stanek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, it wouldn't be summer without a reserve goalie, would it?

Where's this summers? I'd like David Marshall.

How awesome would it be if we got him and George Green to make a song together! 'Boats and Czech hoes'

Anyone seen him play yet?

I inagine Howard will be first choice and Roblea for the smaller games with Stanek on bench for one or the other...good experience even sitting on the bench at his age OR better to have games?

Anyone seen him play yet?

I inagine Howard will be first choice and Roblea for the smaller games with Stanek on bench for one or the other...good experience even sitting on the bench at his age OR better to have games?

I'm not sure being a reserve keeper does anything at all for their development. Keepers rarely get rotated for fitness reasons, so the reserve is only likely to get called up for the odd game here or there, getting maybe a handful of outings a season. Then if they make the slightest mistake, which you would think is inevitable for a young player, they'll be jumped on as useless.

Robles suffered with that treatment, despite the evidence from the likes of de Gea and Lloris that foreign keepers sometimes take a while to adjust to the English game, but that hardly makes them bad keepers.

i dont mind signing young players, but we were suppose to have a golden generation of young players coming through yet were constantly linked/signing young players. lets get some players in for now, something to excite us for this season :)

Point taken.

If Howard takes Prem games and Robles takes the cup games then Stanek would likely be on the bench for one or the other I would imagine? Then play u21 games if there wasnt a clash?

I'm not sure being a reserve keeper does anything at all for their development. Keepers rarely get rotated for fitness reasons, so the reserve is only likely to get called up for the odd game here or there, getting maybe a handful of outings a season. Then if they make the slightest mistake, which you would think is inevitable for a young player, they'll be jumped on as useless.

Robles suffered with that treatment, despite the evidence from the likes of de Gea and Lloris that foreign keepers sometimes take a while to adjust to the English game, but that hardly makes them bad keepers.

What golden generation of players?

i dont mind signing young players, but we were suppose to have a golden generation of young players coming through yet were constantly linked/signing young players. lets get some players in for now, something to excite us for this season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.