summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colback.

Isn't as bad as some make out, isn't as good as others make out.

Decent enough player who normally gives his all.

Not a hope in hell he is a top six player.

Colback.

Isn't as bad as some make out, isn't as good as others make out.

Decent enough player who normally gives his all.

Not a hope in hell he is a top six player.
Martinez has said he needs 6/7 signings to deal with Europe. If our fans think we can sign 6/7 players for fees then they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Players like Colback on a free transfer will be appealing for that reason.

Whether he'll be happy being a squad filler is a different matter. He'll probably favour a move to a lesser club, with more chance of game time.

I'd be happy with a strike force of Batshuayi, Kone and Traore (loan) next season.

Get Barry and someone like Colback on free. Del back on loan, with one or two others and the squad will pretty much be set. With Gibson returning, McGready settled, Barkley and Stones continuing to improve etc.

All of that should be easily achievable even without champions league football.

I wouldn't. Two of the three are enormously risky with their injury records and the third is an inexperienced youngster who only proved himself in the Belgian league. As good this might be we could turn out awfully wrong too.

Martinez has said he needs 6/7 signings to deal with Europe. If our fans think we can sign 6/7 players for fees then they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Players like Colback on a free transfer will be appealing for that reason.

Whether he'll be happy being a squad filler is a different matter. He'll probably favour a move to a lesser club, with more chance of game time.

I agree. We need to be realistic. We won't be spending more than £20m net

Colback (free), Barry (free), Del (loan), Toure (loan) would all be useful additions. We won't get Lukaku but there are other strikers worth looking at like Ba, Lacazette, Batshuayi who could come in and leave some money left over for strengthening elsewhere.

Kone, Toure and one of the above as options is still a lot better than just having Lukaku to rely on all season.

I wouldn't. Two of the three are enormously risky with their injury records and the third is an inexperienced youngster who only proved himself in the Belgian league. As good this might be we could turn out awfully wrong too.

get someone like Ba then rather than Batshuayi. This season aside though both Kone or Traore have had good appearance records

I'd rather take a chance on Batshuayi because of the potential. I feel like we need to go with youth if we're going to continue to challenge at the top over a sustained period of time

I'd love us to find the funds for Will Hughes. He's been named in the championship teram of the year and if Derby don't get promoted then he'll move this summer.

Imagine the potential in a midfield of McCarthy, Hughes, Barkley and Ledson.

I'd love us to find the funds for Will Hughes. He's been named in the championship teram of the year and if Derby don't get promoted then he'll move this summer.

Exactly this.

I think Hughes is bound for Anfield according to reports. I would take Colback on a free, i can't see us committing big wages to Garth Barry giving his age. Colback would be a player Martinez likes, keeps it simple and has a good engine. Would be a good squad player.

get someone like Ba then rather than Batshuayi. This season aside though both Kone or Traore have had good appearance records

I'd rather take a chance on Batshuayi because of the potential. I feel like we need to go with youth if we're going to continue to challenge at the top over a sustained period of time

I guess if we do sign an ace winger like Tadic we could try out a risky lad like this Batshuayi as I was convinced by master Mirallas that he can do a more than capable job as the striker. His finishing is first class. I have nothing against Batshuayi, I don't know him as a player, he must be talented since there are a few good teams after him. I just fear that he would need at least a complete season to get rolling and I would be reluctant to have a player unproven on the big stage as our primary man.

I think it would be difficult for us to get players like Mame Diouf or Bafetimbi Gomis. Both players are being hunted by VfL Wolfsburg, a team that is heavily sponsored by Volkswagen (not as as obviously as in the case of PSG or ManCity, but they get huge sums from them), they can outpay us and are likely to finish in a CL position.

Last edited:

Was Carsley a top 4 player? He got us there.

The team is a sum of its parts rather than individual players. If we signed 5-6 crap sounding players right now but they came in and gelled really well and it helped us win 5-6 more games than we have at this point in the season then would you critisise them then?

We are skint and therefore anyone is better than nobody. But considering McGeady, Naismith, Barry, Relegation McCarthy are all part of our team so far they havent done badly eh?

haven't seen enough of him, but i'd guess the fee will be too high and thus too much of a risk for a team with our resources. how good is batshuayi guys? never seen him play, but just have a good feeling he's class and would be here if we got him.

@LivEchoEFC: Today's rumour mill sees #EFC linked with Italian international, Remy and Roberto Firmino: http://t.co/x1kDFFfya2

If only rumours where true..
These would be quality signings!

i've never seemed insigne before in my life, but considering i bought him at 21 when he was 85 on FIFA and was amazing on FM as well - therefore he's going to be the best in the world - no way he's coming here

Status
Not open for further replies.