New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm a massive fan of the Dortmund stadium, the atmosphere there is incredible (smaller obviously).

Would love to see us be the first premiership team to bring in those standing seats as well (like Dortmund). Just copy Dortmunds ffs.

Signal-Iduna-Park_bvbinfobild_regular.jpg

Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_rail_seats.jpg

I'm not sure I like the idea of standing sections in stadiums, I think it works in Germany, but I'm not convinced it can work here. The premier league would have to Ok it anyway and with Hillsborough being a hot topic again, I don't think they would. Also we wouldn't be able to use it in the champions league so there would be no point having it :)

Enough to build a 200m stadium

Hahahahahahahaha Kenwright and Co spending 200m+ on a new ground

Broadcast rights will be up roughly 31m for each team who gets shown and finishes in the same position as last season mate now that the overseas television rights are known and are 55% up over the previous deal, currently were due to receive approx an increase of approx 3-4m on finishing places and roughly 800k per live game shown - think we look like being shown a decent amount more than previous seasons so will be another 3-4m their at least

Overall the TV money incoming this season will be roughly give or take 37-39m increase, given we made a small profit prior to player trading on the last accounts then that's a whole large amount of cash sitting their to be explained away with lawnmowers mate

we know it's not gonna go into the squad, leaves only paying off the debt? or ploughing it into the tangible infrastructure, anything else is fraud

The docks would be absolutely perfect given the investment that will be pouring into that area in the next few years, the increase in cruise ships means it would be an amazing sight to see travelling down the Mersey heading towards the port, having the new stadium right along the front and commercially it would be in a great location to attract tourists too. It seems unlikely though, Peel has plans for most of the derelict docks and a new football stadium doesn't really make sense for them. I also imagine the council won't want it either especially with the Echo Arena and the new exhibition centre they're building only slightly further down.

Walton Hall Park makes a lot of sense, it's a big enough plot of land to use however it's also a huge chunk of park land to just give away and not replace, compromises have to be made to make it happen given Walton is far better off with Everton still here but losing a park would also be a shame for the community. It's actually big enough to cut in half and have both a stadium and still a relatively large park though (which I imagine will be the preferred option by the council if that is being discussed).

Income should have jumped by £14 million per season from this year.

Not even close to the actual amount its increased by mate

this links should explain the actual increase this season

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...ng-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

for reference as that article was written before the announcement of the overseas TV rights being sold, heres the link for the overseas tv rights as well

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...er-league-foreign-tv-cash-hits-2-23bn-160901/

in layman's terms, for the first link the overseas earnings for broadcast rights has increased 55% approximately

will yield a net increase assuming a flat league and tv appearance model of around 31-34m a year

I don't know why people are so against the corporate naming rights of stadiums, it's a facilitator and it saves money and people get used to the name after awhile.

I mean, The IKEA Flat-Pack Arena could be up and running in the space of time it takes to have two cups of coffee.

There's also been discussions to re-open the outer loop line that runs through Liverpool to service the needs of a new football stadium at Walton Hall & Liverpool's redeveloped Anfield. Not sure how advanced these plans are though.

I don't mind the Kirkby design. It would be good to have a single tier behind one of the goals. Very kopite, I know but It would be great to have a wall of sound! Still don't want to leave Goodison mind.

not really kopite seeing as we have the park end is it?

Both ends should be identical and for use of Evertonians only, no away supporters.

agree. why give the away team a goal to aim at - i.e. score in front of your fans. stick em high up out of the way, like newcastle. possibly put them the middle of a top tier on one of the side stands ha.

I don't mind the Kirkby design. It would be good to have a single tier behind one of the goals. Very kopite, I know but It would be great to have a wall of sound! Still don't want to leave Goodison mind.

Why is that "Kopite"? Is that not what the Gwladys Street do?

I don't know why people are so against the corporate naming rights of stadiums, it's a facilitator and it saves money and people get used to the name after awhile.

I mean, The IKEA Flat-Pack Arena could be up and running in the space of time it takes to have two cups of coffee.

I'm against this.

There's also been discussions to re-open the outer loop line that runs through Liverpool to service the needs of a new football stadium at Walton Hall & Liverpool's redeveloped Anfield. Not sure how advanced these plans are though.

Not going to happen.