summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we have been scouting two young centre arvs, Danny Rowe (18) from Rotherham and Harry Maguire (21) from Sheffield United, Maguire will play in the FA cup game v Hull this weekend.

I've wanted us to sign Johnson since he was at City. In the right set up and with the right manager he could be fantastic.

same, think he'd be brilliant here tbh. he just seems that type of player that is better when surrounded by better players.

no disrespect to sland like, they do have a few decent players. if he's cheap and same sort of wage he's on now, can't see too much of a gamble.

same, think he'd be brilliant here tbh. he just seems that type of player that is better when surrounded by better players.

no disrespect to sland like, they do have a few decent players. if he's cheap and same sort of wage he's on now, can't see too much of a gamble.

Certain managers won't like him as he's not always great at tracking back but in a 4-3-3 the wide men are there to create and score goals. Martinez is great because he manages to pick systems that play to the strengths of both individuals and the team collectively.

Could see Johnson cutting in from the right allowing Coleman to bomb on

Certain managers won't like him as he's not always great at tracking back but in a 4-3-3 the wide men are there to create and score goals. Martinez is great because he manages to pick systems that play to the strengths of both individuals and the team collectively.

Could see Johnson cutting in from the right allowing Coleman to bomb on

there's possibly nothing in it so it could all be irrelevant anyway. just saying if we got johnson in to replace pienaar, i wouldn't say i'd be disappointed.

with wingers under martinez, we don't need to worry about tracking back, which is how it should be tbh. teams play with a keeper, 4 defenders a defensive mid and a box-to-box mid (usually) that's enough to take care of the defensive side. having too many taking care of the defensive side, invites the opposition to throw more players forward.

anyway, we saw mirallas working his scocks off vs arsenal, i'd have confidence in martinez getting johnson to do the same if he were here. he's a potential match winner, we can't afford those type of players who are always consistent, but we can progress with the inconsistent ones.

I'd take Micah Richards all day long. Got good energy, he's a big lad, good in the air, got pace and can play either RB or CB. Thing is could he stay fit enough to make a good, solid contribution through out the season?

For free is worth taking definitely!

Richards would be absolutely boss, a potential long term successor to Distin.

i think we need a defender, a cm another two wingers and 2 strikers and least in the summer
I think all the loans bar barry, and if we get champions league lukaku will go back
No clue who i think we will sign as long as its not cleverly

48397125.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.