summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Hibbert, Alcaraz, Gibson and Kone gone in the summer. That wouldn't bring in much money but would clear up about 150k a week on wages.

I'd like to see Hibbert, Alcaraz, Gibson and Kone gone in the summer. That wouldn't bring in much money but would clear up about 150k a week on wages.

Hibberts retiring i think at the end of this season mate most likely, Gibson will get a year to show if he can stay Healthy, no chance of Kone being move on, and Alcaraz i honestly have no idea how long he's under contract but could see him being shipped off or retiring due to muscle fatigue syndrome or whatever lurgy he has

Gibson is a great player who's suffered an injury. A more than adequate deputy if not pushing Barry hard for his place in the team when he gets back to full fitness.

Gibson is a great player who's suffered an injury. A more than adequate deputy if not pushing Barry hard for his place in the team when he gets back to full fitness.

Aye mate, but after all his varied injuries i honestly think he's entering the last chance saloon with us this coming season like, has to show he can stay healthy for the majority of a campaign like or else he will get moved on.

Doesn't matter that when fit he is quality, can't have a integral part of the squad who cannot stay healthy

Hibbo is the only one out in the first team as he is going to retire.

Keep everyone.

Sign Lukaku and Tadic on perm and get 3/4 loans then that will be a very good window in the summer.

Aye mate, but after all his varied injuries i honestly think he's entering the last chance saloon with us this coming season like, has to show he can stay healthy for the majority of a campaign like or else he will get moved on.

Doesn't matter that when fit he is quality, can't have a integral part of the squad who cannot stay healthy
At the age of 26? When we can afford to rotate him and save him from injury better?

Ive still got the faith in Gibbo myself, he suffered an inury that anybody could have got this Season and I know he has been very unlucky with other bumps, but theres a player in there and he will play a part next Season for sure.

As for the others, I would like to see us get rid of Gueye, mainly cos its doubtful hes good enough, hes still young and im sure hes not on a big wage, but if we could get some cash money it would make sense, I think the selfie king will be gone in the Summer, no sign of a new contract yet so its pretty clear hes gone, Hibbert will hopefully stick around for cover, hes not the greatest player, but hes a good solid able back up IMO, Alatatrazaza is somebody im unsure of, hes looked a player in some games and dogsh1t in others, if theres a player in Browning and Duffy we could probably afford to get him off the wage bill, Kone isnt going anywhere, I think he will become a decent back up next season, it scares me that he could be our "number 9", but I dont have an issue on keeping him as our back up striker, as long as we signed somebody of real quality, Romy, im looking at you, (I was unsure on the lid, I thought personally he was playing in himself, but yesterday convinced me, hes the real deal).

As for the "keepers", it will mostly depend on the World Cups people have, hopefully Lukaku and Mirallas dont shine too much or I think we can kiss goodbye to both of them, Ross will sadly take the piss and our fax machine will be bubbling with bids from all over the place, stay firm Bill, I saw the "value" in allowing Wayne to leave, but it took me 5 years to get over his loss, I doubt I would ever forgive you for selling Ross. I hope we can keep Barry, he suits our system superbly and I do think his legs are on their way out, but hes defo got a good 2 years left at his best left. Gezzo is a must and hopefully Barca let us have him again, hes gonna be some player, he really is.

Then ive got this feeling that we will lose Piennar or Howard, maybe both, based on nothing much, but mainly their age and I think maybe they might fancy a few years "back home" to see out their careers, CL will maybe sway them 1 or another tho.

Its looking likely that we will at least get EL, I know people arent keen but my god ive missed those little Thursday nights, I love Goodison and sadly family and cash flow prevents me from even thinking about aways, but I really do envy all you young lids and the lids that sampled the delights that Europe has to offer, I think the squad would cope in its present form in terms of numbers with Europa, we had 9 of our young lids out on loan at 1 point this Season and it would be the perfect "breeding" ground for some of them to basically make it or break it. If we get CL we will need to add some real quality in certain areas and certainly bulk up the squad in terms of numbers.

Thanks for reading, this has been Goats Summer transfer window break down, tune in sometime around July for Goats Pre-Season Summer transfer window break down, were all going on a European tour, version 2.10a.

At the age of 26? When we can afford to rotate him and save him from injury better?

Yup mate, I like Gibson, but IF he can't be relied on to be fit, then his use as a starter or backup is questionable at best, the bit about rotating him and saving him from injury made me laugh though, since when on earth has overplaying him resulted in injury, you have to play for consist periods before that even becomes a factor, a lot of Gibson's injuries have came in training or as setbacks from existing ones whilst recuperating.

Good Player but looking like a crock and we can't carry players with dire fitness records, hence last chance for him this season to prove he is worth the wages and spot in the squad

For the same reason I'm sceptical on Rodwell, IF he came in on loan and stayed healthy for the majority of a season then yeah otherwise swerve

Ive still got the faith in Gibbo myself, he suffered an inury that anybody could have got this Season and I know he has been very unlucky with other bumps, but theres a player in there and he will play a part next Season for sure.

As for the others, I would like to see us get rid of Gueye, mainly cos its doubtful hes good enough, hes still young and im sure hes not on a big wage, but if we could get some cash money it would make sense, I think the selfie king will be gone in the Summer, no sign of a new contract yet so its pretty clear hes gone, Hibbert will hopefully stick around for cover, hes not the greatest player, but hes a good solid able back up IMO, Alatatrazaza is somebody im unsure of, hes looked a player in some games and dogsh1t in others, if theres a player in Browning and Duffy we could probably afford to get him off the wage bill, Kone isnt going anywhere, I think he will become a decent back up next season, it scares me that he could be our "number 9", but I dont have an issue on keeping him as our back up striker, as long as we signed somebody of real quality, Romy, im looking at you, (I was unsure on the lid, I thought personally he was playing in himself, but yesterday convinced me, hes the real deal).

As for the "keepers", it will mostly depend on the World Cups people have, hopefully Lukaku and Mirallas dont shine too much or I think we can kiss goodbye to both of them, Ross will sadly take the piss and our fax machine will be bubbling with bids from all over the place, stay firm Bill, I saw the "value" in allowing Wayne to leave, but it took me 5 years to get over his loss, I doubt I would ever forgive you for selling Ross. I hope we can keep Barry, he suits our system superbly and I do think his legs are on their way out, but hes defo got a good 2 years left at his best left. Gezzo is a must and hopefully Barca let us have him again, hes gonna be some player, he really is.

Then ive got this feeling that we will lose Piennar or Howard, maybe both, based on nothing much, but mainly their age and I think maybe they might fancy a few years "back home" to see out their careers, CL will maybe sway them 1 or another tho.

Its looking likely that we will at least get EL, I know people arent keen but my god ive missed those little Thursday nights, I love Goodison and sadly family and cash flow prevents me from even thinking about aways, but I really do envy all you young lids and the lids that sampled the delights that Europe has to offer, I think the squad would cope in its present form in terms of numbers with Europa, we had 9 of our young lids out on loan at 1 point this Season and it would be the perfect "breeding" ground for some of them to basically make it or break it. If we get CL we will need to add some real quality in certain areas and certainly bulk up the squad in terms of numbers.

Thanks for reading, this has been Goats Summer transfer window break down, tune in sometime around July for Goats Pre-Season Summer transfer window break down, were all going on a European tour, version 2.10a.

Some interesting point Monsieur Chèvre.

Agree about Gueye and king of the selfies Velios, think personally Hibbert won't renew and will move into the setup possibly or maybe even go play at a lower league depending on his appetite for the game still, think Browning will be moved up to provide cover for Coleman at Rb myself as Martinez seems to like young hungry players breathing down the necks of the veterans like and it seems to work.

Howard i think will have at least one more year here, probably before going over the states for a final swansong, Peinarr i reckon will be off in the summer prob back to SA or some such place.

Alcaraz i think will prob either retire due to injury now or will have a year in a hibbert role - ie, not playing before going the year after, with Browning being promoted to provide dual cover their and rb, maybe Duffy too unless Martinez doesn't think he can suit the system he wants in which case he will be moved on when his stocks high from his loan to a lower table side, maybe a loan or perm depending on interest.

Kone will deffo remain as backup, Martinez rates and likes him and he deserves a chance he didn't really get this season due to injury, exact same applies to Gibson, but think its both their last seasons to show they add depth to the squad and injury to either will prob finish their futures here.

Lukaku is a must as is adding a third striker, guessing will be a loan from abroad who could surprise us all

Don't think 'this season' we will lose anyone unless stupid money is thrown at us for either Kev, Coleman or Barkley, and still think we would hold firm until it got to an amount that was over their worth by a decent way, see fellaini and Baines for what i mean by that.

As is always the case though a lot depends on what money we have and hopefully its enough to get Lukaku and a creative att mid without having to sell, otherwise it defeats the object of strengthening, loan market will be used again and if done as well as this can see a year were we are more in the spotlight and top 4 all season

Agree what ya said about the European nights though, Champs league and Eufa games will probably be my only chance to see us next season like if im lucky on the draw giving us a Moscow team and I've never managed a everton away europe game like so at 40yo would be a nice first

In a dream world we'd sign Lukaku on a perm and get his countryman Michy Batshuayi as the back up striker. If Martinez really wants Rodwell I hope it's on an initial season long loan with option to buy. Gareth Barry on a perm deal and maybe Gerard Deulofeu on another season long loan. Oh and Dusan Tadic as the finishing touch. Not too much to ask, is it?

What are you basing it off then? How do you know Rodwell is earning 65k a week? That's ludicrous.
Mate his last contract at everton before he was signed by city saw him earning 40k in it's self do you really think he'd just go to city for the same ammount? That's what his agent is used for.

Too many variables before the end of the season.

Champions League would provide even more money to strengthen the first 11; whereas Europa would mean a need for even more squad depth than we need now, without much additional cash to pay for it.

We need a CB back up to Distin who could start if needed. Stones has looked great, but he's not enough depth. Duffy is still a wildcard in my estimations.

Our central midfield looks pretty set, and if healthy, Gibbo provides the perfect rotation for Barry to keep each of them fresh. We need a playmaker, but it appears Barkley is supposed to provide that centrally, so additional creativity may have to come from width. Mirallas and McGeady look good, but a creative left sided attacker would be very welcome. I watched Ajax vs Twente recently and Tadic did look really good.

Attacking, we need to sign Lukaku permanently. He fits. We aren't gambling with $20m. We know what we are buying and we know we'll have a very good chance of getting that back if we have to sell on.

Status
Not open for further replies.