Shortage of strikers could cost us, warns Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, Vellios. Isn't he a striker? He's got good goals per game stats as far as I know. I've mentioned this before a few times, but people keep coming back and saying he's no good, - that Moyes watched him train and that he didn't score in the ressies or the under 21's. And I keep saying that I don't care what he does in the reserves and under 21's. Maybe he isn't any good, but I haven't seen him not being any good because I don't see him train or play in the reserves and under 21's . I think someone said recently that he only scored every 86 minutes - or did I get that wrong? I'd love to have a striker who scored every 86 minutes, even if we had to sell him to Bayern or Barcelona or someone, eventually.

OK, he may not be the prolific striker we want, but given the situation we keep finding ourselves in, why don't we just give him a run and see.

Mate, i've been Vellios' biggest fan on here, mainly because he is one sexy son of a gun, but just ask yourself, why do you think he's not given a chance?

You'll come up with the answers i'm sure.

I honestly think our lack of proficiency in attack is more to do with a lack of creativity in midfield than our dearth of centre forwards, although that clearly exacerbates the problem.

McCarthy and Barry are in no way a top 4 central midfield combo, there isn't enough creativity from them.

Lukaku unable to play for another three weeks (5 weeks in total that'll be since his injury), and the earliest we'll get Traore in the team for is the tie at the weekend (and I'll believe he'll start that when I see it). In the end I reckon it'll be close on a month and 5 matches without a recognised forward.

It's a disgrace we've been left with this at a time when we were supposed to be getting a bounce off being strengthened in January.

Lukaku unable to play for another three weeks (5 weeks in total that'll be since his injury), and the earliest we'll get Traore in the team for is the tie at the weekend (and I'll believe he'll start that when I see it). In the end I reckon it'll be close on a month and 5 matches without a recognised forward.

It's a disgrace we've been left with this at a time when we were supposed to be getting a bounce off being strengthened in January.

Traore isnt starting the Palace game but Bobby seems to think he'll get some game time.We'll see how this one goes

Traore isnt starting the Palace game but Bobby seems to think he'll get some game time.We'll see how this one goes

I suspect he'll put him on reluctantly if we're struggling to put Palace away, but leave him on the bench otherwise.

Basically Martinez's plan to ease an injured player into contention has been all but obliterated with Lukaku's injury.

We have been criminally let down in the transfer window. It's isn't going to be forgotten. Last January was bad enough, but this one on top of that is intolerable.

Let's face it, we'd be complaining even if we had bought a striker

If we'd bought Shane Long, the usual crew on here would be falling over themselves saying what a bad signing it was

I'm gonna name all my kids Sergio, so that if any of them ever sign for Everton, nobody will fume.

Status
Not open for further replies.