Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft We were obviously the better side. But it is slightly worrying that the weaker teams seemed to have identified this way of playing against us and it's working for them. Sit deep, 10 man defence, waste time, frustrate, foul, hoof long basically just refuse to play football an try to scrape a goal. Kind of how we use to play against top sides, shows that we've come a long way but also shows how far we have to go.

As a few have said here and in other threads if we want to really have a go this year were gonna need reinforcements and not just squad players but ones that are are gonna strengthen the first team or at least add serious competition for places.

People saying we battered Stoke today, I don't think we did. I though Stoke had a good go and were the ones to be disappointed. We wasn't good enough, and for a team chasing champions league, we showed that we don't want it as much as the teams around us

We were always going to get a determined performance from Stoke today bearing in mind the tonking we gave them a few weeks ago.

Could've easily lost so happy with a point

We've missed delefeou over the christmas games, he has that bit extra we lacked Boxing Day and today.

Pfft We were obviously the better side. But it is slightly worrying that the weaker teams seemed to have identified this way of playing against us and it's working for them. Sit deep, 10 man defence, waste time, frustrate, foul, hoof long basically just refuse to play football an try to scrape a goal. Kind of how we use to play against top sides, shows that we've come a long way but also shows how far we have to go.

As a few have said here and in other threads if we want to really have a go this year were gonna need reinforcements and not just squad players but ones that are are gonna strengthen the first team or at least add serious competition for places.

People saying we battered Stoke today, I don't think we did. I though Stoke had a good go and were the ones to be disappointed. We wasn't good enough, and for a team chasing champions league, we showed that we don't want it as much as the teams around us

Ridiculous statement, imo.

Should have got all three points today, hitting the post twice. Stones had a great debut, with some clearance headers against Crouch. Barry was below his usual standard. Both Pienaar and Mirallas wasn't at their best. Must get more wins, can't loose contact with top 3.

I think a few posters around here have to learn to respect opposition teams, no matter who they are, where they are in the table and their history

This is the most disappointing aspect of this site. Far too many people disrespecting the opposition teams.

People complain that Everton get disrespected by the media and then in turn disrespect the opposition in a similar manner depending on their form or league position.

Any team can beat any other on any given day. Football isn't played on paper, if it was we'd never be off our Bet Victor accounts.

Dunno how i managed to quote all those posts. Damn phone. Was just replying to Tree13...he of the we are passing sideways too much tactical insight.

For goodness' sake pal. I said we passed sideways too much against Sunderland, and also in the second half today prior to the introduction of Osman and Jelavic. Please don't deliberately misrepresent my opinion.

Should have got all three points today, hitting the post twice. Stones had a great debut, with some clearance headers against Crouch. Barry was below his usual standard. Both Pienaar and Mirallas wasn't at their best. Must get more wins, can't loose contact with top 3.

We're in a good way, great character by the lads, we never know when we're beaten. We dominate every game. We will be at least challenging for 4th come May.

Status
Not open for further replies.