Shinji Kagawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but he doesn't.. I know you were using a hypothetical but thre reality is, he swaps Baines for Oviedo not Hibbert, thats why I am confused by your point, Mirallas for Duelofue, Osman for Barkley, Lukaku for Kone, its the same thing.
We end up with the 4-2-3-1 that we started, the same sort of quick wingers, an AM, and a single striker, playing short passing, just different faces doing the same job. Plan A if you will.

Can't argue, tbh. It does seem to be 4-2-3-1 is standard. But, for example, I feel Barkley is better at dropping only deep enough to still cause centre-halves problems. Due to his athleticism, whilst Ossie probably has to drop a lot deeper to have an impact. I'm not saying Ossie can not have an impact pushed right up (as witnessed against Villa,) but Barkley is a totally different prospect for centre-halves to deal with than ossie.

Here's an example. 4-4-2: Rooney and Van Persie, or Van Persie and Hernandez.....

The only way I see it is if Martinez wants to move Barkley to centre mid as in a recent interview Ross did say rm wants him to be an all round complete midfielder

Kagawa is absolutely sensational. We haven't seen the best of him yet.

If we got him I'd be doing somersaults. Won't happen in a bajillion years though.

Yes I can see this, Baines heading to old trafford as part of the deal though.
January's going to a long but interesting month.

Can't argue, tbh. It does seem to be 4-2-3-1 is standard. But, for example, I feel Barkley is better at dropping only deep enough to still cause centre-halves problems. Due to his athleticism, whilst Ossie probably has to drop a lot deeper to have an impact. I'm not saying Ossie can not have an impact pushed right up (as witnessed against Villa,) but Barkley is a totally different prospect for centre-halves to deal with than ossie.

Here's an example. 4-4-2: Rooney and Van Persie, or Van Persie and Hernandez.....

For me, those two would be like swapping Barkley for Barry in their native positions, they are after all both different types of midfielders in the same way those two are both different types of strikers, that's not what Martinez does though.

I reckon he is worth between 8-10m. Hasn't really hit the heights of his first season

Whut, hes scored at least 10 goals a season, which isnt bad considering how little game time he gets IMO.

18 in 36 last season, in all comps, I very much doubt it was 36 90minutes as well, hes a quality player, I think hes worth about 15m myself like, I mean thats the price I reckon United would sell for, the lids class, I rate him.

Whut, hes scored at least 10 goals a season, which isnt bad considering how little game time he gets IMO.

18 in 36 last season, in all comps, I very much doubt it was 36 90minutes as well, hes a quality player, I think hes worth about 15m myself like, I mean thats the price I reckon United would sell for, the lids class, I rate him.

Definitely think playing for United has made him look a bit better than he is. He's quality, but he's not worth 15m IMO. Watch him with Mexico sometime. He's a poacher, and he really can't create much for himself in the way a Lukaku or other top strikers can. Chances have to be presented to him. His passing isn't really much to write about either. He's a good player, but his goal scoring record is inflated due to his surroundings IMO.

Definitely think playing for United has made him look a bit better than he is. He's quality, but he's not worth 15m IMO. Watch him with Mexico sometime. He's a poacher, and he really can't create much for himself in the way a Lukaku or other top strikers can. Chances have to be presented to him. His passing isn't really much to write about either. He's a good player, but his goal scoring record is inflated due to his surroundings IMO.

Danny Welbeck 40 apps 2 goals
Chicharito 36 apps 18 goals

So no mate, with the greatest of respect, no.

Next your gonna tell me that Rooney and RVP only score goals cos they play for United.

b)

Status
Not open for further replies.