The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are we looking at lescott? the man looks like he is running through custard. Honda would be a cracking signing, I think if the deal is right he would come to us.

I'd have him for the same reasons I'd have Donovan - familiar with the setup, played well for us, shouldn't cost the earth. Plus, with the WC coming up he and Jags could re-kindle that partnership.

As for Honda, I'd just love him here! As you said though, wages could be a problem. And like I said, I think 'bigger'clubs will be sniffing round him. They could offer him money we couldn't, sadly.

who is our highest earner? I know moyes was one of them. If the guy is on 40k, surely we have budget to match that.

Do you think we will continue our good relationship with Mnchester United and pick up some fringe players from united?

If Donovan is around £1m then by all means
at that price its well worth doing knows the club/ players has pace and a will to win and is versitile and he will play for a few years yet.
the squad is to small anyway so we will need at least 5 or 6 in it showed last season and we are down without neville .mucha .hitz and a few of the others are getting on so we will need back up

In January we were buying Fer for around £8m, which we then tried to change to a different kind of structured deal but I think we must've had that kind of money to spend in the first place (unless you look at it as another Kenwright lie).

So let's say we have at least £8m, plus whatever the club decides to use of the new TV deal, without selling any players. I just really hope we spend this money, we've released a few players on significant wages so surely we have SOMETHING to spend.

Sadly I believe the Fer deal was set up to be paid in installments, so we may have planned to pay that 8 million out of the TV money. :(

Wouldn't exactly make a massive impact at that price, and I do think he'd add something to the team. Yeah he's 31, but he's had a much less "tough" career than most players of his quality... and his pace hasn't really declined so far. Also strikes a better corner than pretty much anyone else at the club :p

Curious what you mean by saying he has had less of a "tough" career. MLS isn't very good in terms of the quality of football but it is still physically demanding, so it would take its toll on his body. I haven't seen him play since his return from sabbatical so I can't speak to his pace at present.

Like someone else said, if the price is 1 million than we should absolutely get him, but I doubt MLS would let one of the league's highest profile players go for so little. I wouldn't say no to another loan deal though, and while I generally agree on the corners I also remember him taking some shocking ones (a bit like Baines).

Unless I have missed something, we havnt been linked with anyone yet, nor been on the BBC Gossip site for ages.

Find that a bit strange.

i watch the MLS a fair bit, mainly due to only having ESPN on my Virgin deal. There are some qaulity players out in the states, that would cost the fraction of some of the youth in europe. The one that stands out for me is Luis gil. Attacking midfielder, good with the ball at feet, knows where space is, knows where the goal is. Would we be happy if everton looked to the MLS for some players? would it depend on age, or are we against it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9yfrE2ZtaA

Unless I have missed something, we havnt been linked with anyone yet, nor been on the BBC Gossip site for ages.

Find that a bit strange.

Probably because the manager is abroad till the end of the international tournament. Things will start when he returns I suspect.

i watch the MLS a fair bit, mainly due to only having ESPN on my Virgin deal. There are some qaulity players out in the states, that would cost the fraction of some of the youth in europe. The one that stands out for me is Luis gil. Attacking midfielder, good with the ball at feet, knows where space is, knows where the goal is. Would we be happy if everton looked to the MLS for some players? would it depend on age, or are we against it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9yfrE2ZtaA

Started watching it recently, I think that the league is too young at the minute.

I think the standard of defending and goalkeeping, in particular, leave a lot to be desired. I reckon that's what makes the attacking play look 'better', if you get me?

As I said though, it's all down to it being a young league. With them bringing in some good, if not old, players (IE - Senna recently signed for NY Cosmos - granted that's the NASL, but you get what I'm saying) it can only stand to improve the league.

I think the MLS is still too direct for the most part. Not enough midfield play. It obviously depends on which team you're discussing, but you can still too easily bypass the midfield to generate chances. The league has come a long way in 10-15 years though.

As far as Donovan goes, I can't see the Galaxy approving a sale in the middle of their season for that amount. They'd just let him play his contract out. As far as Everton go, yes, he'd still fit in and be a valuable player.

Well according to one of the ****rags we are looking to cover our arse if Baines goes... or we are just trying to sell him - who knows

Everton are in talks with La Liga side Grenada over a move for left back Guilherme Siqueira.
Discussions are still at an early stage, but Sportsmail understands Roberto Martinez is considering the 27-year-old as a possible replacement for Leighton Baines in the event that a transfer to a top-four club materialises this summer.

Siqueira has impressed immensely in three seasons at Granada after joining from Serie A side Udinese on loan in 2010.
He signed a four-year deal at Los Carmenes in 2011, but spelled out his desire to move on earlier this month.
Grenada are looking for a fee in the region of £4.5million.
It’s understood that talks are more advanced with Turkish side Galatasaray.
However, Siqueira is known to prefer a move to the Barclays Premier League, with Swansea having also scouted the former Inter Milan trainee.
Swansea’s interest is only believed to be a contingency with both Neil Taylor and Ben Davies at excelling at left back in the past two seasons.

Link To Rag

Status
Not open for further replies.