Leroy Fer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part of this is that this confirms fellaini is leaving in the summer :(

If we don't make the top 4 then we all know that he is likely to go - probably one of those famous gentleman's agreement in place with Bill (reminisces about the 'Gosling handshake'!) when he surprisingly signed his new contract and there is some sort of release clause, so it must have been part of the negotiating.

That said, it makes this signing a shrewd move by Moyes again. For at least half the season we will have them both - time will tell if it is enough to get us 4th. If not, then we already have some kind of replacement bedded in who has cost far less than we will get for Felli - allowing us to use that profit (or what of it is made available) to strengthen other areas. Seems a win-win for me.

I know everyone is stoked by this, I am too. But for that fee it's either a miracle or fellaini is 100% gone.

WOW!!! Didn't see this coming.

Hats off to the club but it makes sense - calculated risk. We spend 10mil and make the CL - deal pays off. We don't make top 4 and Felli goes in the summer - deal paid for.

I just hope he can elevate us like Jelavic, Felli, Mirallas...

Is this the name that a number of ITK's were keeping quiet?

Hopefully he is a very good defensive midfielder, because we really bloody need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.