2023/24 Sean Dyche

It's a bad run but I'm more confident we'll get out of it and that's mainly down to he gaffer IMO.

Every season these players in some respects let the side down and another reason why we're a bottom 6-8 club.

Stability off the pitch combined with quality on the pitch takes you up the table.

We don't fully have that.
Well let’s hope that just doing the same thing match after match is going to be enough.

Because that’s all we’re going to get. There will be no adaptation, except where forced by player availability.

Yeah. The players. Unfortunately we're stuck with them for a good reason.
A lot of the players aren't what we need, however right now I feel that they're still underperforming compared to what they can actually do.

The sum of all the parts is currently not what it should be, and that comes back to the tactical inefficiency of how we play and their lack of confidence.

Dyche and Co. have to take some responsibility for that. That isn't excusing the players, yet his press conferences are starting to feel like a blame game.

In leadership, you have to build a culture and vision, which people can buy into. Do I think the players have bought into this? Not a chance.

I've previously mentioned on here how a fair few of the Burnley lads really didn't like him and his ways.

I hope that isn’t his thinking, because that allows him to wash his hands of responsibility.

He has to work with what he’s got.

True. Cant say it publicly. But look at this forum. We all know so many of them are average. But even taking that into account. Their finishing has been diabolical. Even a fraction of the misses going in would have us more comfortable. The blame lies with them aswell as dyche.

True. Cant say it publicly. But look at this forum. We all know so many of them are average. But even taking that into account. Their finishing has been diabolical. Even a fraction of the misses going in would have us more comfortable. The blame lies with them aswell as dyche.
It’s inarguable that he isn’t getting the best out of these players.

It’s not just Calvert-Lewin misfiring, it’s our entire attack.

Only a couple of months ago, these same players were putting in much better performances.

The coaching staff’s job is to maximise what these players can do - and they set the bar for themselves at the tail end of last year.

I said this into Oct 2017 about the standards of some fans who actively called the board incompetent but wanted to poor managers in place

Since this post we’ve appointed 3 that I mentioned and have plummeted to where we are now.

Its all about standards, and we have none

IMG_2984.jpeg

His dedication to playing Harrison and Young, while not giving the likes of Patterson a chance, is what bothers me the most. He is inflexible to the n-th degree.

For all his talk about xg and chances and all that jazz, I haven't seen one thing on the pitch that suggests we're trying to rectify the issue with any real sincerity.

Doing the same thing over and over, regardless of the impact, would be labelled stupidity by many.
This, the majority of us who go/watch the game can see that we are abysmal in possession and keeping the ball plus our awareness and decision making is so poor. Under such circumstances to not be trying anything different to improve things means he is failing in his role and incompetent.
There is only one eventual outcome for that.

Dyche has made my eyes water by playing firstly Young and then Godfrey at full-back because
they are both crap in that position but overall Dyche has been a positive at EFC over the two seasons.
He does foster a good team spirit and his teams have not stopped playing as they did under Walter Smith
and Martinez. His transfers have been mixed but not a complete wash-out like Koeman and Allardyce.

As for his style its not his fault that McNeil is bang average, that DCL is struggling and that we have full-backs
who cannot overlap. Harrison is bang average but is on loan and Beto might still make it if he has a little bit
of support.

Dyche has been docked 6 points unfairly, has had little dosh to work with and has inherited a poor squad which will take years
to clean up. Yesterday, his team had loads of shots barely any on target, that is on the players. I think he has the character
to keep the show on the road and even if EFC are docked more points we have to be grateful that we have a fighter and not
a weak manager.
He’s the manager and gets paid 5 mil a year . When does it become his fault or is it never in your eyes. And this is the same McNeil he picked every week for 4 years at Burnley. And hasn’t got full backs who overlap, Patterson actually does it for Scotland and did for rangers, If he wanted his full backs to overlap he can tell them to or even a better idea actually coach them too.

he brought in Harrison, and paid 25 mil for Beto. He could have changed both wide players loads of times, but decided not to. He’s has dobbin and danjuma as options that he never uses.

He’s actually used young and garner wide more. He’s a pragmatic manger, more concerned with not trying to Lose instead of trying to win, has a one plan and one style and that’s never changing, not next week and not at BMD in 2yrs. No amount of dosh in charging him

As much as the manager carries the can there is truth in that. There are a few things he said in the post match interview that i didnt agree with. Like its the most chances ive ever had at old trafford down the years. United have lost 5 at home this season. They are as average a united side in many a year. I looked at palace fulham and bournemouth who all won there. Everton created more chances than all of them. Difference is we cant finish anything. I dont know why its so inconceivable that the players shouldnt shoulder this responsibility aswell.
No lover of dyche but i think its a fair comment.

At a miss with other Blues what Dyche changes we should have walked away with a comfortable win had individuals taken their chances.

It's a bit lazy this band waggoning Dyche is negative tactic narrative...

More to do with what Everton football Club is being put through. Players have spoken of the effect point sanctions is having on their minds.

Those who tap away of sack him will get us relegated.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when the players get together and talk about Dyche and the rest of the Right said Fred tribute act , I would imagine they are not very complimentary.
Stone and the other fella( forgot his name) look like a pair of yes men who are there to massage his ego.
I would not sack him yet as there is nobody at the club capable of making the right decision.
He has to go in the summer but we should be looking now for a suitable replacement.

More to do with what Everton football Club is being put through. Players have spoken of the effect point sanctions is having on their minds.
I’d have more respect for this thinking if Dyche hadn’t downplayed it when it first happened, and the team hadn’t seemingly bounced back with tremendous effect straight after the 10 point deduction.

It’s only started to be mentioned by Dyche now it represents a useful excuse for a prolonged downturn in results.

It’s inarguable that he isn’t getting the best out of these players.

It’s not just Calvert-Lewin misfiring, it’s our entire attack.

Only a couple of months ago, these same players were putting in much better performances.

The coaching staff’s job is to maximise what these players can do - and they set the bar for themselves at the tail end of last year.

But its clearly a bit of both.
Look at McNeil last week against west ham. 1 nil up. In the centre of the goal 5 yards out. He still manages to hit the keeper. Thats nothing to do with dyche 50 yards away on the touchline.
You've got to bury that. 2-0. Game more or less over.

But its clearly a bit of both.
Look at McNeil last week against west ham. 1 nil up. In the centre of the goal 5 yards out. He still manages to hit the keeper. Thats nothing to do with dyche 50 yards away on the touchline.
You've got to bury that. 2-0. Game more or less over.
Whose job is it to change the collective players’ outlook and attitude?

I’d have more respect for this thinking if Dyche hadn’t downplayed it when it first happened, and the team hadn’t seemingly bounced back with tremendous effect straight after the 10 point deduction.

It’s only started to be mentioned by Dyche now it represents a useful excuse for a prolonged downturn in results.
Think thats him trying to keep the players focused on the pitch when 10 point deduction was announced. And it worked for a while.

Also your ignoring the second breach which came months after initial breach and his original bunker mentality which has most likely added to overall effect with possibility of another point deduction.

The circumstances in which Dyche is managing under is unprecedented.

Just think far too many Blues here are frankly in La La land if they think its tactics and football style that gets this sort of run of results.