Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a player and he is still growing. Moyes could help develope his all round game and turn him into a great player. When LD leaves Drenthe will get to shine again on the right.

He's been off in recent games.

I don't know where to stand with the guy, one minute he's doing flip-flaps and beating multiple opponents.

The next he's walking around playing silly cross-field balls.

If there was a choice between him and Pienaar, Peanuts would win though.

Finding it hard to adjust after the moyes effect.

Other clubs fans see him as a talent...sadly the boss doesn't due to attitude

I think the problem now is yes, he has massive potential and it would be good business
if we could get him for free or at a minimal fee. Even if only to sell on in a season
or two to make a few quid.
But you must ask, would Drenthe sign now?.
He should have more opportunity's, if only from the bench..
Lets nurture this talent not just his football but also his attitude.

I don't understand why some people wouldn't want to sign a player who tries his hardest to please the crowd for me its a no brainer and we have been crying out for someone with a bit of skill to play for us and now we have it. However he needs to be utilised correctly, get him in form buzzing with confidence and we will have a devastating player.

The effect of having someone like Drenthe in the starting line up should not be underestimated. The opposition are going to know that he's a dangerman and won't give them a moments peace, when he gets the ball he is going to try and take you on, that is a nightmare for defenders because they constantly have to worry what he is up to and watch him. He is a player worth signing he excites me.

If he's available on a free, there is no reason why we shouldn't sign him. However I understand why people can sometimes rate Drenthe poorly. He is an explosive and tricky player, but most games he will give away the possession (which we don't get much of to begin with) in a vulnerable area with a misdirected pass. Additionally, he and Baines do not seem to have a mutual understanding on the pitch, although this might improve in the future. Don't get me wrong though, I like Drenthe and he has many positive qualities that I haven't mentioned, but everytime he gets the ball in our half, it is quite worrying.

What if the choice in the summer was.....

Drenthe on a free but quite high wages prob about 50k and large signing on fee??
Or
Hoilett from b'burn for a tribunal fee of about 4M with more realistic lower wages??

What if the choice in the summer was.....

Drenthe on a free but quite high wages prob about 50k and large signing on fee??
Or
Hoilett from b'burn for a tribunal fee of about 4M with more realistic lower wages??

Well, that's a significant improvement on the usual summer choice of domestos or harpic.

Status
Not open for further replies.