Everton Youth Teams Thread

Sadly spot on. The reality is that in 2023 we got around £63 mill for 4 youth products , and also lost Isaac Price. It may well be that this money from Academy products saved the club but we lost our best youngsters and some of them weren’t PL ready .
Of the remaining youngsters , I’d say the injured Stanley Mills is probably the closest for next season, strength , mobility and would fit into a Dyche plan coming off the bench.
Not talking quality wise, but stylistically could he replace what Doucoure is doing now? Like you say, decent strength and mobility, likes to run forward with the ball, decent finisher from what I've seen. Seems like he could have the physicality to do the same sort of pressing. Would another year be too soon?

Sadly spot on. The reality is that in 2023 we got around £63 mill for 4 youth products , and also lost Isaac Price. It may well be that this money from Academy products saved the club but we lost our best youngsters and some of them weren’t PL ready .
Of the remaining youngsters , I’d say the injured Stanley Mills is probably the closest for next season, strength , mobility and would fit into a Dyche plan coming off the bench.

….i agree that Mills is most suited to the industrious wide player role but my concern is that he went on loan. The squad isn’t entirely blessed yet Dyche sent him out. It indicates to me that Dyche wasn’t overly impressed by what he saw, whereas there was something with Dobbin that he liked. It surprised me as I like Mills.

Charlie Whitaker is in the training shots for tomorrow nights u21 game, it’s really good to see him “ back on the grass” as Dyche would say . One of our most unlucky players in the past few years. Hopefully this is him getting back again .

Makes the bench, hopefully gets a run out