6 + 2 Point Deductions

Agree, unfortunately for us.

Something I don’t understand: Everton and (if there’s a case) Forest get investigated quickly. If we’re guilty in 22-23 we get punished this season.

But City and Chelsea appear to be getting about 15 years’ grace from some of their alleged offences. Why are we ahead of them in the queue? It appears 1 year’s ‘cheating’ is treated more seriously than 15 years’ ‘cheating’
Whilst I agree with you, your Club didn't come out with this stance when they had a chance to. Instead, they jumped on the bandwagon and tried to sue Everton.

If the reports are true it will be an interesting case. Is it more financially sustainable to sell a player for £30m on 30th June, or for £47m on the 28th August?
The issue with that argument is, we've already tried similar with Richarlison and that got laughed at. Also, there was no way of knowing Spurs bid would come in. Basically, it's a pathetic defence.
[/QUOTE]

It says in the rules that you must comply within certain dates. It's not about financial sustainability, it's about satisfying the rules. Clubs have plans in place for 12-18 months prior in many cases. That means that conversations on transfers happen much earlier. Likely Forest knew of Spurs intentions but they chose to push it beyond the boundary of the PSR reporting period. If they fall foul of it then they have purposefully done so. That would make their situation worse than ours as we had not at any point intentionally passed the limit, as stated in the commissions report. No idea what that mean for them though, and if they are over by a similar amount to us (needing the extra Johnson Money would suggest so) then if they don't get more than 10 points for deliberately breaking it then questions need to be answered.

The hope is that in all of this by the way, that it's financial punishment only, for both clubs until a framework can be put in place, but fairness and consistency must come first.

I’m convinced they want certain teams in the league and once it’s set up to how they want the PSR will be changed and basically the three promoted teams from the championship will always go back down.

Whilst I agree with you, your Club didn't come out with this stance when they had a chance to. Instead, they jumped on the bandwagon and tried to sue Everton.
Maybe Forest thought that ambulance chasing was a way out of their impending financial issues and subsequent sanctions. I’m still intrigued as to how they would of been affected by Everton and had recourse for suing our club though, seems utterly laughable.

Are Forest hinting in their statement they may be close due to accounting treatment of promotion bonuses?? So Everton have some accounting confusion and breached due to a foreign war and building a stadium that will safeguard the clubs future, create jobs and regenerate a deprived area. Forest have some accounting confusion after getting promoted and earning an extra £90mill in revenue and went mad spending it.

Doesn’t sound the same thing.

Not saying we haven’t been run like a circus and made a colossal mess of everything on and off the pitch, but it was quite tiring 18 months ago when anyone that questioned how Forest could buy 63848 players was forcefully reminded they had a load of loan players in the Championship so had to buy players, it was all totally fine.

Also announced the Shelvey loan (and it was shown as a loan on the PL website) before realising they had breached the limit on players out on loan and supposedly immediately terminated his contract (presumably paying him millions) but never told anyone and he joined his new club as a free agent. Smells a lot.

Probably wise they haven’t tried to sue us for £100billion and aired all this in court. Sound just as hopeless as us. In their defence, I bet there were no documented rules about accounting for promotion bonuses under PSR.

Agree, unfortunately for us.

Something I don’t understand: Everton and (if there’s a case) Forest get investigated quickly. If we’re guilty in 22-23 we get punished this season.

But City and Chelsea appear to be getting about 15 years’ grace from some of their alleged offences. Why are we ahead of them in the queue? It appears 1 year’s ‘cheating’ is treated more seriously than 15 years’ ‘cheating’
Rules were change prior to this season, all clubs voted on it. Think I remember there was overwhelming majority for a quicker timely process. Just our indiscretions was ongoing and had to adhere to old scheduled. Really hope you get no point deduction its so corrupt and designed to appease the Super League ix.

Rules were change prior to this season, all clubs voted on it. Think I remember there was overwhelming majority for a quicker timely process. Just our indiscretions was ongoing and had to adhere to old scheduled. Really hope you get no point deduction its so corrupt and designed to appease the Super League ix.
I hope more teams get done is the only way it will ever change, most of this league thought it was funny when it happend to us.

Are Forest in this position as they sold Johnson for £20m more in August? Shpuld tgey have lost £20m on his value to sell by 30th June? I get that its within the rules but surely the fact that they made an extra £20m on a player in a couple months is better for the clubs financial position.

Isnt it a similar argument we used having to sell Richarlison for less as Spurs knew we had to sell by 30th June?

I hope more teams get done is the only way it will ever change, most of this league thought it was funny when it happend to us.
Exactly. Forest and a few others acted all billy big bollox threatening to sue us for whatever ludicrously high imaginary figure they thought of, to the point that the commission gave orders around it.

Forest did so, knowing full well their own financial situation. They can do one.

Burnley and Leeds who started all this off can do one as well.

I’m convinced they want certain teams in the league and once it’s set up to how they want the PSR will be changed and basically the three promoted teams from the championship will always go back down.

What they and the top six wants is the top 6 to remain the top 6 and anyone who tries to change the status quo to be punished by even more Draconian means..ala Everton as an example. Even though we truly cocked it up its a warning to everyone else.

Are Forest in this position as they sold Johnson for £20m more in August? Shpuld tgey have lost £20m on his value to sell by 30th June? I get that its within the rules but surely the fact that they made an extra £20m on a player in a couple months is better for the clubs financial position.

Isnt it a similar argument we used having to sell Richarlison for less as Spurs knew we had to sell by 30th June?

Imo it is why should it br treated any different, that for me was the point i couldnt really say was wrong. But we had covid, sig court case and usamov all against us that should have been accepted imo.Then to read they have been talking to the league aswell forest like we had, just looks similar to us, what the league did to us you would think they would get the same

It could be us again .

Without seeing the accounts no one knows.
We've already been pinged for the last 3 year period (4 including the double covid years). Surely this resets us into a new rolling 3 year assessment period (like newly promoted teams).

I just don't see how we can be pinged for the same offence twice in the same season. That, even with the corrupt PL, surely couldn't be allowed.

Been saying for ages Forest should be quaking in their boots.

If we've had 10 points for £19.5m over 3 years, with the exceptions we put in like Russia war (for a club with a 200m stadium rights deal cancelled as a result), Sigurdsson etc all being dismissed - then they're toast.

I've felt they go down next season anyway - the standard of the league will be better - and they need to sell and don't have many who they can shift for profit - even Gibbs White, as good as he is, they paid a good fee for him. In laws are Forest fans and I was telling them last summer even if Johnson wanted to stay after last season, they'll need to sell him. Most fans of clubs still don't grasp the true reality of FFP.

Lash in a points deduction and they're out for the count.