2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Didn’t look as committed as Beto when going in for it, but also put on when we were more stretched and that would probably be when we need Beto’s style of play more.

Very early days for him with us and doubt Dyche expected to be needing him at all at this point.

The funny thing is that for the rest of the game i think he would have done better (finishing) than Beto -- when he came on we needed a DCL/Beto type.

But he needs some minutes, I accept he has to work a lot harder.

….he’s getting game time, he has to earn more. When he came on I thought he can’t be as bad as Beto but he didn’t improve us. There was one moment were we built on the right and the CF naturally runs that channel for the ‘out ball’ but he was static in the middle. Its basics. When the obvious ball went into the channel he meandered after it and didn’t chase the defender down.

i’m yet to see one moment from him that suggests he can contribute, not a single moment.

World of difference between him and a young James Vaughan.
Lost a challenge tonight, dropped his head and trudged along, no urgency or will to chase the ball.
If he's not up for it, off on loan you go.
Didn’t like it when he didn’t fancy chasing the ball into the channel, surely that’s exactly what you’re there for when you’re brought on so late and we have a narrow lead. Hope he gets an earful

I wasn't impressed with his work rate when he came on. Just standing off and didn't seem to understand what was required of him. Should have been hassling their defenders non stop

…very disappointed with him when he came on, he lacked the basics to keep the ball and relieve the pressure.

You need your striker to die for the cause in those situations even if it’s just 10mins. Still waiting for him to do just one thing that makes me think we have a player.
Exactly, really weird his effort level. Insert name of any terrible striker we've had over the past few years and they would at least have ran around a bit.

When you see what are big but albeit late teens coming on and looking like a youth player against men.....it makes you realise what a freak Rooney was. He'd have steam rollered big bad Vinnie at 16🤣
In some ways, Rooney from sixteen to eighteen was probably close to his peak - for his age, he was so raw but immense.

Was pretty disappointed with his effort and attitude. Not sure how many easy ones he was expecting to have in the PL, but his head went down so fast at times, even with 30 seconds left, where it looked like all he cared about was himself and not the win.