Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you won’t be saying we’ve spent no money this summer then, seeing as we’ve been provided with a £30m player in Beto? We would also have to add the values of Danjuma and Harrison to that as well. So he really has run out of excuses.
Beto is a signing so it counts as spending. No transfers are really paid upfront. We spent another £15m on what appears to be a youth player. Danjuma & Harrison are loan fees as they aren't obligations. We've sold to buy but we've bought.

The 40m loan for Wolves was just accounting - the player was 100% bought legally due to the obligation. It's no different to paying for Beto later.

That’s like us using Onana, McNeil and Garner as Dyche signings because we signed them the previous summer.
Not going to address how what you said was willingly and obviously completely false in order to push your narrative?

"Thats not true at all, they bought 4 players in January, and then got Cunha on loan with obligation to buy. They spent 35m and brought in 5 new players, we brought in 0 new players, and sold one for 40m. Thats 75m/6 player swing in the backing."

Not going to address how what you said was willingly and obviously completely false in order to push your narrative?

"Thats not true at all, they bought 4 players in January, and then got Cunha on loan with obligation to buy. They spent 35m and brought in 5 new players, we brought in 0 new players, and sold one for 40m. Thats 75m/6 player swing in the backing."

Fair enough, I was wrong and they did spend some money in January.

Lopetegui is a better manager than Dyche and did a better job regardless like. He won more games in the second half of last season than Dyche has in his last 52 Premier League games.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I was wrong and they did spend some money in January.

Lopetegui is a better manager than Dyche and did a better job regardless like. He won more games in the second half of last season than Dyche has in his last 52 Premier League games.
Fair enough, he probably is, and thats why he left Wolves when they didnt have money to spend as hes not willing to manage a team in that situation.

Becoming increasingly apparent that the club is in desperate, desperate shape. With so many players to go next summer as well, regardless of if we stay up this year, it's difficult to imagine Everton being in top division over the next 3/4 years if this current cycle continues. Moshiri is running out of things to sell, the stadium hasn't got funding and the club can't sign anyone unless its on the never never. What a time to be alive.

If we don’t get any injuries, suspensions, dodgy VAR calls, walk under any ladders, cross a black cats path etc. we have a chance of staying up ;)
What we really need is our talismanic chairman to attend matches. I’m sure that would give the fans a real boost and help cheer the team on to greater things.

Status
Not open for further replies.