2023/24 Sean Dyche

Im not sure why the DOF isnt giving the update on that, is it really best to have the manager update about player issues? I would think having the decision maker(DOF) taking the harder stance would be much better, allowing the manager to be on better personal terms with the players. Allows a degree of separation and a better working relationship where they can complain about the same guy.

There was one point to that interview, and it was the question casually inserted halfway through.

Hoy Gray well and truly under the bus while declaring himself custodian of “the badge, the people, the club.”

Fair enough, I suppose, but it’s not exactly subtle.

The Badge
The People
The Club

Twice he said that.

Does Sean think that's going to take off?

lol
I think it a little odd, in the order of operations there.
Many will not like this view but thinking about who pays his wages and who appointed him, surely Dyche owes his fealty to

The Club
The Board
The Fans

Yes I know the fans really are the club but in a literal sense, we the fans do not pay his wages or have hire/fire authority.

Gray will be gone this week!

I hope so, Just hope it doesn't weaken our position bargaining wise. I feel like often clubs don't come out and say this kind of thing because if the player doesn't leave, they are not going to play, the manager doesn't want them and wont want to play them, because it will be seen as a climb down by the manager and undermine them.

I think it a little odd, in the order of operations there.
Many will not like this view but thinking about who pays his wages and who appointed him, surely Dyche owes his fealty to

The Club
The Board
The Fans

Yes I know the fans really are the club but in a literal sense, we the fans do not pay his wages or have hire/fire authority.

It sounds a bit too much like

Ein Volk
Ein Reich
Ein Fuhrer

I hope so, Just hope it doesn't weaken our position bargaining wise. I feel like often clubs don't come out and say this kind of thing because if the player doesn't leave, they are not going to play, the manager doesn't want them and wont want to play them, because it will be seen as a climb down by the manager and undermine them.
The whole story has striking similarity to the 'Gnonto Saga' through August.
With the exception that Gnonto seems a genuine talent and Gray is a bit meh!