2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Building a balanced squad can’t be that hard, can it? That’s what we need. They don’t have to be brilliant footballers, just competent.

Then most half-decent managers could do a job.

Then again, perhaps we do need a visionary lunatic with enough stubbornness and weight of personality to pull this rudderless husk of a football club in the right direction.

Maybe Bielsa would be in the right ballpark of the kind of guy we need.
We need a Moyes, 2004 Moyes tho.

Any Evertonian knows Godfrey is dreadful at right back. When he filled in there as a new England international and on form...he was poor.

Its yet another simple but critical case of Dyche throwing a game. Come for the pay off.

How can someone getting results then just chuck 4 matches in a row?

Here for a pay off.

SACK NOW

Any Evertonian knows Godfrey is dreadful at right back. When he filled in there as a new England international and on form...he was poor.

Its yet another simple but critical case of Dyche throwing a game. Come for the pay off.

How can someone getting results then just chuck 4 matches in a row?

Here for a pay off.

SACK NOW

nea hope we get banned from being a football club

if west ham punt moyes we'd be crazy not to pay dyche off and appoint a taskmaster with an eye for bargain talent.

finish the job off, resurrect everton on the extreme cheap.

I wonder if all those who accused the bed wetters are so confident now? It was only two days ago posters were accused of pissing their pants….that they were in the wrong thread etc…..everyone’s concerns so far have been justified….just five games to go, and we are currently worse off with no positive outlook at all

I fully appreciate the lack of options that we have right now but the few we do have he seems very reluctant to even try when the likes of Godfrey and Holgate stink the place out while we have a literal RB sitting on the bench or even trying a different CB pairing because I feel like Keane and Tarkowski are literally the same with the same weaknesses. Rather either of them be tried with Mina next to them and have an actual RB playing RB.

I accept that.

However, what I don't accept is doing the exact same, every single game when it's blatantly not working. He's got his team pressing, great, we win the ball back play it to the full backs and then hoof a long ball to no one. That's an instruction. Back to square one out of possession.

The full backs offer absolutely zero, in possession. It's literally a flat back 4 he employs. Gives us no width or options in possession and makes it easy for teams to stick 3/4 further up the field and hurt us when possession is turned over.

It's his such basic tactics and game awareness that I have an issue with. He's extremely limited and well out of date.
We all said the same about Lampard and Benitez. You can't polish a turd.

Was reportedly on a sensible salary (relative of course) with a chunky staying up bonus. We’ve hedged our bets on him for next year.

If it happens,to be honest, not sure I want him to build a Dyche team with what little funds we will have to get us promoted, as that team will hover in the bottom 5 forever and we’ll hate watching it.

Can’t be any more possible disruption than relegation and player exodus. Tempting to just throw everything out including the manager and build exactly the squad we need for the next 5 years.

I thought he’d comfortably grind us to safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.