January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only key things to signings atm are... Is he available, can we afford him, is he better than our current first team players...

By that logic you could sign 6 left backs

If Danjuma is coming, sound, but don't use what little money we have to buy a player who plays in the exact same position as the fella you're already bringing in

I doubt we are signing bakayoko. Wages alone be a massive issue.

Danjuma looks like a great move though. If we could get another forward in and a full back I’d be happy..ish.

Selling clubs rarely ever get wages paid in full, particularly if it’s a player they want rid of. Even us paying 50% eases their wage bill for a few months.

That said I’m not sure he’s the kind of midfielder we need. Seems too similar to Onana for me, would rather someone who passes the ball better.

Gordon to Newcastle picking up speed

Regardless of his form this season, I still think he's a huge prospect but we have some weird obsession with knocking down the home grown players the most

Having said that, he's not contributed much this season and our needs are now very short term - if we could get a good offer out of them (£25m or more), it might make more sense to sell now to give us half a chance of getting the players in to give us a chance of staying up

Still think he's potentially a CL standard player if coached right, but we can't afford to rely on an out of form kid to help us in this mess. Sell (reluctantly IMO)

Is this really the window for first team player sales? Our problem is not being able to implement in-game changes with strength coming from the bench so if this means Gordon leaves and Danjuma comes in, we haven't really strengthened our squad options.
Our problem is that Gordon isn't good enough to start in the premier league. Danjuma is. We really have strengthened

There's either ex-Chelsea, lazy arse Bakayoko at Milan.

Or some young kid at PSV on the wings who no one's seen play, not even me.

We know which one.

PSV kid is left-footed right winger which would be nice. But can’t imagine PSV would let two young wingers leave same window.

It’s definitely the clumsy Bakayoko at Milan.

Gordon to Newcastle picking up speed
No problem with us getting rid but it must be at the right number. Just because we are prepared to let him go shouldn't be a reason to have our Keck's pulled down over the move. What am I saying this is Everton we'll be lucky to still own our Keck's.

Status
Not open for further replies.