Zakuani Training with Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kay20

From The Mirror:

David Moyes is bringing another MLS star to Everton.

Seattle Sounders striker Steve Zakuani, 22, has agreed to train with Everton and may be allowed to gain Premier League experience during the MLS close season.

Zakuani said: “As for my off season plans, I plan to spend a few days in London visiting old friends and family before going up to Liverpool to train with Everton for a few days.”

Congo international Zakuani, who was brought up in London from the age of four, was a huge hit in the MLS over the past two years.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...from-the-MLS-article633833.html#ixzz15yB9uShM

Saw him play versus the Galaxy this year - he was brilliant at times - very, very fast. His pace would add a lot to the team.

But he stank in the playoffs with some absolutely terrible crosses. Nerves I think.

Interesting though that Everton has this dialogue going with MLS, isn't it? Really really bodes well for MLS. And potentially for some of the Everton reserve players that just need playing time.

EDIT: If he does well and stays on loan a bit, and LD comes too, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. It's this weird hybrid of MLS + EPL. Including ex-MLS Tim Howard too. The marketing possibilities make me palpitate. Seattle Sounders fans will be here in DROVES. They get behind their team big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought he was as good as the hype

I would have agreed with you last year, but he's recently come into form.

I've seen Zakuani tear through MLS defenders time and time again, but I do fear that his pace alone will not be enough in the premier league. He's done well recently by cutting
in after he's beat his man with some newfound creativity, but his longer crosses need work.

Nonetheless, as a Seattle resident and Everton supporter, I would love to see Zakuani develop at Everton (especially if he comes back the way Landy did).

Dude is FAST.. Might be the speed threat (quick fix) that could help us.. He is more of a winger than a striker..

Never really rated him though, other than his reckless speed.

I would have agreed with you last year, but he's recently come into form.

I've seen Zakuani tear through MLS defenders time and time again, but I do fear that his pace alone will not be enough in the premier league. He's done well recently by cutting
in after he's beat his man with some newfound creativity, but his longer crosses need work.

Nonetheless, as a Seattle resident and Everton supporter, I would love to see Zakuani develop at Everton (especially if he comes back the way Landy did).

Yeah, I didnt see much of him this year.

Good player, not sure if he's ready for the premier league yet. He's capable of making some really fantastic runs and passes, but he coughs up the ball a lot too.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport...arsenal-ace-set-to-train-with-everton-fc.html

Speaking to the Sounders official website, he confirmed his visit: "As for my off season plans, I plan to spend a few days in London visiting old friends and family before going up to Liverpool to train with Everton for a few days."

Although the stint is not thought to be linked with any transfer, it shows the Blues are keeping one eye on the MLS where they successfully plucked Landon Donovan from last season.

Donovan is currently taking a break after a gruelling 36 months of football and will decide whether to make a return to Goodison in the coming weeks.

Everton Boss David Moyes has been open in his desire to lure the American back for another spell after a permanent transfer approach in the summer stalled in the early negotiations.

He's going to be very good. A late bloomer by European standards, but came up in the Arsenal academy. VERY fast and athletic. He improved exponentially this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.