Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive shrug of the shoulders from me. Overpriced and not convinced he makes us a better a ´team´. I recognise his qualities as an individual but have huge reservations about where he fits in, very similar to Bolasie.

They wanted crazy money and we shouldn´t be held to ransom for a player who has probably reached the height of his valuation.

Voila!

Zaha, with pole

If we bid £80m, they'd have asked for £90m. If we bid £90m, they would have asked for £100m.

The Chairman had no intention of letting him leave, gentleman's agreement or not.
I think that's pretty clear. When we bid 60m plus McCarthy who they clearly wanted and Tosun who they probably didn't any person who had any intention of making a deal would have worked with that. Instead they repeatedly sent us back. It was never on.

There is still January.:)

Not for the want of trying by Moshiri. Going by your last accounts at Companies House plus spending over the last three windows, the fees paid in recent years total £560m.

On insignificant club income compared to the top 6. Moshiri, as with Mansour, has put his money where his mouth is.

Ha ha are you serious. It sounds like you preferred the previous ownership

Just seems under Mohsiri we talk the talk but never get the game changing deals done.

Koulibaly monopoly money and now Zaha two good examples of game changing deals that we didnt put up when it was required.

Gomes was pure luck as was offered by Barcelona when he was trying to sign Mina...richarlison is Silva signing...digne is the only one I can see was a superb signing...jury still out on bernard and mina...

Yeah you have no evidence that it was 'pure luck'. Thanks.

I think that's pretty clear. When we bid 60m plus McCarthy who they clearly wanted and Tosun who they probably didn't any person who had any intention of making a deal would have worked with that. Instead they repeatedly sent us back. It was never on.

Exactly, leaving us thinking we stood a chance of getting him - 'putting our eggs in 1 basket' as everybody keeps saying then pulling the plug with an hour and a half to go, leaving us no time for an adequate replacement therefore weakening us for the upcoming season.

Quite clever if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.