Z-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The effect had been diluted though ever since the teams line up and shake hands by the touchline and our players don't come sprinting out the tunnel toward the Gwladys.

I have a lingering image in my head of Stubbsy running at full pelt out on to the pitch and trying to boot a ball into the Gwladys St net from the halfway line and failing miserably. It was good fun to watch though.

Walking out instead of running is not the same at all.

I have a lingering image in my head of Stubbsy running at full pelt out on to the pitch and trying to boot a ball into the Gwladys St net from the halfway line and failing miserably. It was good fun to watch though.

Walking out instead of running is not the same at all.

No, it is not.

I hate the way they do it now.

Their fans don't seem to like it. Let their fans' ears bleed with a new Elton John funeral dirge :
http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?54084-Does-the-z-cars-theme-get-you-buzzed-as-a-hornet
Thought I'd paste-in this snippet from one of their fans. It just backs up what the article was talking about..

No. It's a dirge. A sectarian Belfast marching song which should have no place in a community club and never should have.

Even if Bill McGarry liked it. Somebody should've had a word when he left.

I don't care that it reminds people of the 80s. So does the smell of boiled hotdogs and onions - which was the scent of the old Wembley. We don't wear Lois jumbo cords anymore either.

I wonder if he'd think differently had they won the Cup in 1984, instead of losing to the other team that use it?

Brilliant that, z cars at Wembley and all the other songs, " Is this the the way to amirrollo" etc. Didn't want to go home
nearly missed my coach, we havn't had much to sing about for a long time, but when we have got something to
sing about , God it's awesome.Hope we can get something to sing about soon, life's getting shorter for me, and they can carry me down the aisle to " z cars.

What player was it that wanted us to come out of the tunnel to "Are You Ready For Love" by Elton John?

I have Cahill or Radzinski in mind... but someone definitely had an interview where they said this should be our walk out music.

I feel Z-cars is partly responsible for the team's slump this season... Sash's 'Encore Une Fois' would be a far better tune to get the blue boys fired up.

H
Z-cars at Wembley over the tannoy after we beat Utd on penalties in the FA cup semis is one of my best everton moments. Was proper boss. There was an arl bloke with 2 walking sticks sitting in front of us is row A, as soon as that came on he was up and dancing, sticks left on his seat. Brilliant.
Have to agree Titus that semi was one of the best feelings ever, that day the hairs on the back of my neck did stand up. Z Cars booming out just brill.

Just ditch the pre match handshake. The music that they play during it is utter tosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.