Z-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The effect had been diluted though ever since the teams line up and shake hands by the touchline and our players don't come sprinting out the tunnel toward the Gwladys.

Completely agree with this. I also don't think it should be used for anything other than the first team coming out. Should be something for the youth players to aspire to instead of being used for whoever comes onto the pitch at half time regardless.

Its been a constant through all my EFC life,from the tinny original theme from the tv show(which was still boss!!)in the early 1970's to the thumping version we have today,apart from when agent Johnson took it away for a couple of games,oh the foollollollol

Love it, just love it,sometimes I've been late to the game and you see people trying to get to their seats, then "z cars
booms out of the tannoys and you see old men (I'm one of them) straighten up and lose twenty years off their ages
and almost dance to their seats, we are young again while the tune rings around the ground, as I said "just love it".

"Z-Cars is that. It’s so much more enviable than any money, Oligarch or Oil Barron, because it’s such a cheeky middle-finger to brand-building, network expansion and populism."

Everton that.

COYB <3

Z-cars at Wembley over the tannoy after we beat Utd on penalties in the FA cup semis is one of my best everton moments. Was proper boss. There was an arl bloke with 2 walking sticks sitting in front of us is row A, as soon as that came on he was up and dancing, sticks left on his seat. Brilliant.

It's my ringtone too. Really gets up the nose of my red mates lollollol. Still we have to put up with their dirge all too often :rant:
I was in a carpet store one day and as I walked past this fella said to his Evertonian mate that Z cars was a really depressing tune. To which the Evertonian replied - "and I suppose your song isn't depressing"? I just thought 'yes is right'. I mean the words aren't exactly a happy go lucky ditty are they? Anyway who cares. Z cars doesn't depress me. Love it, and after the semi final v Man Utd our fans rendition gave me chills!!

Its my ringtone too and i tend to ring myself as i,m walking anywhere near Kopites....and of course every time on a match day as i walk into my local bar to watch the match ....
Another thing is how many of us reach for our phones when you are out and hear Z Cars...?

...that was popular wasn't it. Odd logic applied there. What did we come out to then?
The effect had been diluted though ever since the teams line up and shake hands by the touchline and our players don't come sprinting out the tunnel toward the Gwladys.
Quite easy to solve that one. Do what Chelsea do and have the handshake nonsense on the far side of the pitch. That way we get a full minute of Z Cars and the players could jog out to it once more.
Why am I thinking '2001 Space Odyssey' (STRAUSS)...also have in head something with 'silver' being used? Didn't we try a few? Or am i talking utter ballcocks?
Wasn't it 'Bad Moon Rising'

Love it, just love it,sometimes I've been late to the game and you see people trying to get to their seats, then "z cars
booms out of the tannoys and you see old men (I'm one of them) straighten up and lose twenty years off their ages
and almost dance to their seats, we are young again while the tune rings around the ground, as I said "just love it".
Spot on mate.it gives me an adrenilin rush and I think it always will no matter how old I get. The footage on the big screens for about 5 minutes before the team comes out.where pictures of our legend players flash up quickly one after another is also boss . We've just got something about us that no other club has.Everton is everything thats good about english football

Status
Not open for further replies.