Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am imagining the sirens at a night game in the winter.

8pm kick off. It's bitterly cold outside, a haze of fog has ascended upon the stadium. The pre-match songs are being played when, all of a sudden, the music is cut. It's two minutes to eight and, with no warning, the lights go out. There is a sense of expectation in the air, excitement, nervousness also. Then, the sirens come on. The away fans have no idea what's going on, but the atmosphere is reaching fever pitch levels amongst home supporters. Five seconds later, lighting returns, and then, Z Cars. The ground is positively bouncing, and the heroes are welcomed onto the pitch to rapturous applause. The side goes on to dazzle an already dazzled opponent six to zero. Everton have won the Premier League, Blue Bill is buzzing, and Captain Phillip Nikodem Jagielka gets that league title trophy he so richly deserves to end his stellar career.

Doing things for "big teams" is the epitome of a small time attitude.

It works, i want it every week.
But this is the problem, Everton fans only turn up against big teams, we have a small time attitude for most of the season and sit in silence. The sirens work, but against Brighton, West Ham...etc we dont

Doing things for "big teams" is the epitome of a small time attitude.

It works, i want it every week.
Afternoon mate how are you doing today.
Pretty good thanks mate, just watching telly and baking some bread.

How's you today?
I am very good if this rain stop mate glad you are keeping busy.
What type of bread?

@carlos21 please use your thread for chitchat mate, or leave comments on profile pages. The threads in the Everton forum need to stay on topic fella ;)

For me the negative would be that I think it will very quickly lose its impact. If we saved it for certain games then it can have that effect of rousing the crowd and increasing the volume, if we use it every week it just becomes part of the furniture and everybody forgets why we started doing it in the first place.

The clamour for it every week just reminds me of when I told my nan I liked a certain whisky and she bought me a bottle for my next 10 birthdays and Christmases. What had been a nice treat turned into something I used to regift because I was bored of it and already had loads.
I can see your point, but do we get bored of Z cars? Perhaps it could be that when the club sense it is not having the effect it used to, they can just randomly leave it out and start with the drums instead. That then may seem new and exciting?

The poll suggests it's more like 64% in favour for all games, 32% for top 6 games and 4% against. So 96% fans represented on here would like them to be used more regularly with the majority polling for ALL games.
Yep, I meant it more as a metaphoric 50% rather than a statistical analysis, I didn’t even know there was a poll.

Inappropriate Language
But what would have made the sirens even better is if when they started, in the tunnel Seamus leaned over, nudged Henderson with a wry smile and just simply said “listen to that, you’re f***ed”

Status
Not open for further replies.