Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why just for big games?

We want to make a fortress a place where away teams and fans come and feel unwelcome. We need to have things like this to show we are different to other teams. Flags, sirens, fireworks, a team of well trained eagles swooping down in the pattern of the badge. Go to any American sports game, they will show you how its done, mostly because the actual sport they have is total pony, but they know how to hype the crown and make an atmosphere like no one else. We would do well to emulate that.

By big games, my view was Liverpool or an FA Cup Quarter Final/European game. Or a league game where continental qualification or relegation survival rests on the result.

The average league game against City is about as important than a game against Brighton.

I want it for all games.

It fires the players up as much as the crowd and this is reflected in a much more aggresive start to the game and early goals against the likes of Burnley and Watford at the weekend have set us up for victory.

For too long we had a cautious opening fifteen minutes which muted the crowd and emboldened the opposition.

Goodison feels much more positive for us and intimidating for the other team since the derby and the sirens were the catalyst for this IMO.

I want it for all games.

It fires the players up as much as the crowd and this is reflected in a much more aggresive start to the game and early goals against the likes of Burnley and Watford at the weekend have set us up for victory.

For too long we had a cautious opening fifteen minutes which muted the crowd and emboldened the opposition.

Goodison feels much more positive for us and intimidating for the other team since the derby and the sirens were the catalyst for this IMO.

The problem is becoming used to it though and the crowd not reacting in the same way.

The problem is becoming used to it though and the crowd not reacting in the same way.
They wouldn’t though I don’t think? It would simply become the natural intro to Z Cars, the way the existing drum roll has always been. Evertonians heats that drumroll intro, they start cheering knowing it’s all about to star. that simply gets replaced in everybody’s subconscious with the sirens.

I am all for it personally, despite the flags issue getting slaughtered on here, when the teams came out and all the flags were waving, the sirens blasting and the flamethrowers belching out fire, I thought it was utterly boss! Two young lads who sit by me were talking about it all through the half time interval, they were buzzing about telling their mates at school, this is what we need to do get more of the young uns enthused. having to sit through 100 minutes of bitter Evertonians bitching isn’t exactly inspirational for them?

Nah, how long have we been listening to Zcars? still get's everybody up.

Then why would we need the siren?

The point of it is that it's added something extra. Overuse of it means it's just the same as Z-cars - you become accustomed to it.

I think you're being a bit pedantic there.

Eh? No, not at all - I'm specifying the danger of familiarity. The siren gets people up for it as it feels special - if you have it every game, then it just becomes routine; part of the furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.