Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone well up for match before sirens kicked in. Forever Everton and Grand Old Team being sung at full pelt just before sirens. Already said sirens for every match - why not? Gets fans and players pumped up & hopefully strikes fear into the opposition. We do our bit prior to match and hand over to players to do theirs. If they play well, the atmosphere will continue, if they don't, Goodison falls silent.
Loved it on Sunday - we should be the 12th man every match

I’d play it every game personally, make it a thing, the f making the likes of Mordor or City think they are a big game for us.

We’re Everton FFS.

You know, I originally voted the other way. But you're absolutely right.

Genuinely amazed that some people seem to think we're all going to be sat there before the Burnley game dead quiet, wondering whether we're going to be holding on to 9th place or maybe sneak 8th, and then all absolutely erupt because an air raid siren plays over the tannoy. Absolutely incredible lack of understanding being shown here.

Genuinely amazed that some people seem to think we're all going to be sat there before the Burnley game dead quiet, wondering whether we're going to be holding on to 9th place or maybe sneak 8th, and then all absolutely erupt because an air raid siren plays over the tannoy. Absolutely incredible lack of understanding being shown here.

I think you are projecting your opinions to the greater fanbase a little bit here. Like you said previously that the sirens didn't have any effect, that you couldn't hear them. Clearly plenty of people (I would say the majority, going off of the responses on here/twitter) did, and were affected. It is fair to argue that it wouldn't be as effective against your Burnleys and Huddersfields etc, but I don't think it would have no effect, and there's really only one way of finding out.

Yeah agreed, the siren gets your hyped up for it as opposed to it normally just playing with little warning.

I thought this aswell. It's like the sirens is your 5 second warning, then everyone's waiting for the drums to kick in. It sets an expectation. That combined with the players coming on (if the ref would let them come out at the right time ffs!) would really get the crowd going imo, even against lesser opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.