YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BOXING DAY FIXTURE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton v Man utd 1985 when they were miles clear in the title race and we beat them 3-1.It was my first Everton/Man utd game,There was over 42000 there which was massive for mid 80s because of the hooligan/disaster factors so crowds were on the floor for most clubs. I have the full 90 mins on dvd with no commentary filmed from the Goodison road stand, its never been shown on tv because the television ban was on at the time.

Over the years you have watched Everton, what is your most memorable Boxing day memory?
There are a few that spring to mind , 1985/86 Manchester United at home winning 3-1 with Sharp scoring 2 and Lineker the other.
The season after we went to Newcastle and wiped the floor with them winning 4-0 with tricky Trev scoring 2, Heath and Power getting the others.
I also remember beating Boro 4-0 in 1995 with Diamond getting 2, Short and Kanchelskis with the others. Who can forget the mauling of the Black Cats winning empathically 5-0 in 1999 Hutchison 2, Pembridge, Jeffers and super Kev Campbell.
Mines 85/86 beating Man U 3-1

Memorable for completely the wrong reason, being stuffed 6-2 at home by Man Utd. My grandad's very well-heeled friend had seats in the 300 club and let us have them for the game. Sat there as an 11 year old watching us get spanked.

For some strange reason that is the fixture that always springs to my mind too when anyone mentions Boxing Day games.

I remember my dad getting tickets for the Top Balcony as a Christmas treat!

For some strange reason that is the fixture that always springs to my mind too when anyone mentions Boxing Day games.

I remember my dad getting tickets for the Top Balcony as a Christmas treat!
I've no idea why as I had a season ticket,but I managed to miss that one,lucky me eh?lol

I wasn't there but Everton won 5-1 away at Bolton on Boxing Day in 1957. I heard the result on the
wireless, which was the way we got the results in those days. We'd drawn 1-1 at Goodison on Christmas Day
and I think I was there although I don't remember anything about it - I was 12.

I just remember the sheer elation when the radio announcer, in that slow, precise BBC accent said 'Bolton
Wanderers one, Everton five. I'm tingling now, just thinking about it.

Over the years you have watched Everton, what is your most memorable Boxing day memory?
There are a few that spring to mind , 1985/86 Manchester United at home winning 3-1 with Sharp scoring 2 and Lineker the other.
The season after we went to Newcastle and wiped the floor with them winning 4-0 with tricky Trev scoring 2, Heath and Power getting the others.
I also remember beating Boro 4-0 in 1995 with Diamond getting 2, Short and Kanchelskis with the others. Who can forget the mauling of the Black Cats winning empathically 5-0 in 1999 Hutchison 2, Pembridge, Jeffers and super Kev Campbell.

I was at that Newcastle game. Could have been 10-0.

The ONLY time I have ever seen the Skunks fans applaud the opposition from the field (I used to go regularly as I live in the North East)

Nicki P.....boxing day 1991

Now that was a game bird who liked a good stuffing. Supple thighs and sumptuous breasts. The gift that kept on giving.

Wigan 2012 2-1 win - the last proper game me and my late Dad went to... (we also went later to a 0-0 ressie game in the afternoon at Goodison against the RS).

Early 90's against Villa at home where we won 1-0 ( think it was Sharp). Reason it sticks out in my mind was because there was a boss goal line scramble where the ball went about 3 yards behind the line for their equaliser and it wasn't given.

I can barely remember any other boxing day games tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.