Status
Not open for further replies.

cwright75

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Throw on your stories
Throw on your pictures
And i`l show it to Dad

If you have any messages of affection feel free
Dad can take a joke so tell him how good he was lol.
FB_IMG_1593116763195.jpg
b1.jpg
b4.jpg
b8.jpg
b2.jpg

Throw on your stories
Throw on your pictures
And i`l show it to Dad

If you have any messages of affection feel free
Dad can take a joke so tell him how good he was lol.View attachment 92091View attachment 92092View attachment 92093View attachment 92094View attachment 92095
** Please remember when dad signed for everton he was a young man with no mrs or wife etc - no children no responsability and all that , he was young and bored and there was not much to do so off he went out every night ( did you meet him out ? ) so i guess this was a factor in his everton career , but most of you remember him or have heard about him.. HE SENDS HIS REGARDS TO EVERYONE players friends and foe, but he said special shout to the supporters who he said he rated as a great set of fans. he looks out for the everton scores and wants the club to win the league soon !!

Last edited:
One abiding memory of your Dad was a game at Anfield. He came on as sub, we were losing 4-0 and he just whacked Tommy Smith, Smith just gave a who the hell is this fella look ! Only bright spot on an otherwise typical derby defeat.
Thank you thats what im talking about , he wasn`t keen on smith or emlyn hughes, he said emlyn hughes reminded him of them toys with the squeeks inside the ones you squeeze.

I bet not many out there remember this one , early 1960's era , when we played the great spurs side
with Danny Blanchflower as capatain. Danny used to advertise Shredded Wheat on the black and white
TV and when he run out at the head of his team onto the goodison pitch , there are the centre spot was
of course a packet of Shreaded Wheat. Football had humour in them days.Of course we had that great
side of 63 and after.

I forgot to mention Dave McKay was in that side and he was a tough tackler just like our own Jimmy Gabriel.Players
like that would not be allowed in this tip tap game we play now.Tough footballers in them days the likes
will never be seen again.
totally agree with you and it ashame , tackling is the skill thats been lost in the modern era

He played well for Walsall in the Cup tie and he did score a couple for us

I think the side he played in was pretty awful and the title winning players were all past their prime..

One abiding memory of your Dad was a game at Anfield. He came on as sub, we were losing 4-0 and he just whacked Tommy Smith, Smith just gave a who the hell is this fella look ! Only bright spot on an otherwise typical derby defeat.
And remember the shorts Bernie used to wear !!, think they were hot pants, you’re mam must have fell for him when she saw him in them !!!

Dad can take a joke so tell him how good he was
It seems you have inherited his sense of humour lol He was far from good. Having said that he got to pull on that blue jersey and that's something that the vast majority of us could only dream about.
I saw him play and it's true to say that his enthusiasm outweighed his ability. For those too young to remember him, think an early 1970s version of Denis Stracqualursi.
God bless you Bernie ;)
And remember the shorts Bernie used to wear !!, think they were hot pants, you’re mam must have fell for him when she saw him in them !!!
Ha Ha a hefty pair of thighs on him OK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.