Your memories of the 85-86 team, players strengths and weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

swisso

Player Valuation: £2.5m
For those who don't know, I'm the one who does the Everton stuff for Football Manager, rates the players etc.

Some of us (my fellow researchers from across Europe) are having a go at creating legendary teams from era's gone by in Football Manager 2014 and pitting them against each other, in a non-official capacity.

I think if it takes off and we have enough to go with, it'll be made public and FM gamers can download what we've done and have a go themselves. Teams we're going with so far are the likes of Ajax 70's, Netherlands '88, Denmark '86, Barca '94 etc.

So... what are your memories of the individual Everton players from the runners up team from 85-86? I think I'd chosen that team merely to include a certain Lineker than the teams either side of that season.

I've read/heard/watched their strengths; Southalls agility and reflexes and his one-on-one skills; Sheedys fantastic technique; Psycho Pat as hard as nails and clattering everyone. But what were their weaknesses?

Was Sheedy lacking in pace? Did Mountfield switch off regularly? Was Lineker lazy?

Southall
Stevens
Van Den Hauwe
Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Reid
Heath
Steven
Lineker
Sharp
Bracewell
Sheedy
Pointon
Harper

Watching that Everton in that Era was like making love to beautiful women, sometimes we were known to go behind and then attack from the back, then we'd tease the tits before finally stuffing the tw@s, culminating with shots from all over the place.

For those who don't know, I'm the one who does the Everton stuff for Football Manager, rates the players etc.

Some of us (my fellow researchers from across Europe) are having a go at creating legendary teams from era's gone by in Football Manager 2014 and pitting them against each other, in a non-official capacity.

I think if it takes off and we have enough to go with, it'll be made public and FM gamers can download what we've done and have a go themselves. Teams we're going with so far are the likes of Ajax 70's, Netherlands '88, Denmark '86, Barca '94 etc.

So... what are your memories of the individual Everton players from the runners up team from 85-86? I think I'd chosen that team merely to include a certain Lineker than the teams either side of that season.

I've read/heard/watched their strengths; Southalls agility and reflexes and his one-on-one skills; Sheedys fantastic technique; Psycho Pat as hard as nails and clattering everyone. But what were their weaknesses?

Was Sheedy lacking in pace? Did Mountfield switch off regularly? Was Lineker lazy?

Southall
Stevens
Van Den Hauwe
Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Reid
Heath
Steven
Lineker
Sharp
Bracewell
Sheedy
Pointon
Harper

Sheedy was slow mate and had no right foot whatsoever, but the best left peg ive ever seen, nearest i can ascribe him too would be beckham, le tissier only more so, fantastic ability to make the ball do what he wanted it

Lineker was just lineker, came alive inside the box and a natural poacher beyond compare, but the team was a weaker one overall i think with him instead of gray just down to workrate and aerial ability

Sheedy was slow mate and had no right foot whatsoever, but the best left peg ive ever seen, nearest i can ascribe him too would be beckham, le tissier only more so, fantastic ability to make the ball do what he wanted it

Lineker was just lineker, came alive inside the box and a natural poacher beyond compare, but the team was a weaker one overall i think with him instead of gray just down to workrate and aerial ability

Nice one matey!

And Reidys Bottle Of Grecian for the jest ;)

Watching that Everton in that Era was like making love to beautiful women, sometimes we were known to go behind and then attack from the back, then we'd tease the tits before finally stuffing the tw@s, culminating with shots from all over the place.

Your getting some positive rep for that mate.

Now I have to go and work out how to do it.

Southall
Stevens
Van Den Hauwe
Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Reid
Heath
Steven
Lineker
Sharp
Bracewell
Sheedy
Pointon
Harper

Of that lot i think only Pointon had real weaknesses..Also was Paul Power with us then? He was our most underated player..I'v seen his crosses defy the laws of Physics!!

Of that lot i think only Pointon had real weaknesses..Also was Paul Power with us then? He was our most underated player..I'v seen his crosses defy the laws of Physics!!

Power was the following season. As for Underrated he was our Player of the Year, which in a Championship Winning Season can't really be bettered. I think as well though it was very much inspired by it being his swansong as well, there wouldn't be many players that would get that opportunity in the modern game at that stage of their career.

I've seen someone mention on here that Ratcliffe often got Mountfield out of trouble, would that be fair to say? Would Mountfield switch off or make poor decisions?

I've seen someone mention on here that Ratcliffe often got Mountfield out of trouble, would that be fair to say? Would Mountfield switch off or make poor decisions?

Yeah he would switch off, run up front and score a goal. They were two class defenders who played well together.......

Bracewell, would have been an awesome playmaker / player, if it were not for the injuries he sustained.....no particularly fast, but i real eye for a pass, very technical if memory serves. Sheedy was brilliant the absolute cream of a player...

Status
Not open for further replies.