Your Favourite Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Past - Lineker as he got me following Everton although that probably qualifies him for least favourite player at times as well!

Current squad - very likeable bunch but particular favourites are Deulofeu, Baines and Jags.

Peter Reid - for the drive and fearlessness he showed the team. Or Big Nev - simply for being the best with gloves .... ever. Can have an outfield and a goalie as faves I reckon.

Toss up between Ferguson and Cahill. Simply for caring about us as a club, the fight and attitude from both players were really key in their respective era's. For all the skills of Pienaar and Arteta, they have to be complimented with the hard work and graft of the Cahill's and Carsleys of the team.

Outside of Everton there is only one player for me - Zinedine Zidane.

Toss up between Ferguson and Cahill. Simply for caring about us as a club, the fight and attitude from both players were really key in their respective era's. For all the skills of Pienaar and Arteta, they have to be complimented with the hard work and graft of the Cahill's and Carsleys of the team.

Outside of Everton there is only one player for me - Zinedine Zidane.

Agree with this, absolute magician of a footballer.

Agree with this, absolute magician of a footballer.

I always get people saying he is nothing compared to Messi, let me tell you something, the best defender in the world today is probably Godin or Silva, possibly Kompany. Zidane was gliding past players such as Cannavaro, Thuram, Nesta, Puyol and so on who are far superior defenders compared to todays bunch of players. Messi wasn't even the best in his early days being overshadowed by Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho for example, Zidane was still considered the best real Madrid player even with Casillas, Raul and Ronaldo in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.