Your choice For new goalkeeper that saves shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chang Elephant

Forum God
Research shows that teams with goalkeepers that can save shots achieve better results than those without......So which goalkeeper can we buy to improve ourselves ?

*Don't be thinking that we necessarily need to spend significant money to do this as not many teams start from the low base of having the second worst keeper in Europe:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/prentice-statistics-might-lie-tim-9391781

Even ignoring Europe there's plenty of goalkeepers currently playing in the premiership and championship that would be much better for not much money.

Alternatively, should we give Tim the benefit of the doubt and another contract extension to past fifty ? After all there are signs of improvement from Tim who has risen from bottom ranked in the premier league:

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/02/ranking-the-premier-league-goalkeepers-february-2015/

To 18th:

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/04/ranking-the-premier-league-goalkeepers-april-2015/

Last edited:
Wessels failed, but there must be a talented German stopper from the Bundesliga interested in the jump to high-level Prem action?

Whoae better and has more potential that fits in with our "core" 19-26 year olde...
I don't want a 19-26 year old keeper. We need a first team keeper with experience and a proven record at the top level. Butland didn't even stand out at Barnsley ffs, you'll see just how average he is when he becomes first choice at the pikeys next season.

I think it might be worth seeing who's available at Arsenal this summer now Cech is all but signed. Both Szczseny and Ospina have a lot of experience but are still relatively young and proven in the premiership so either are worth considering. Even more importantly though they've both been prepared to bide their time and play the number 2 roll waiting for their chance.

For the right price either of them would be good competition for Howard and make us stronger.

I don't want a 19-26 year old keeper. We need a first team keeper with experience and a proven record at the top level. Butland didn't even stand out at Barnsley ffs, you'll see just how average he is when he becomes first choice at the pikeys next season.

He also made 46 appearances in the prior season for Birmingham and was voted young player of the year.

You havent seen him play in a while. Highly thought of at Birmingham and Stoke fans were raving about him end of this season.

Edit: leeds and now i think about it at derby too!!

Future England keeper+ easily good enough.

from what i've seen of Butland, he can be a bit of an idiot, clumsy and not the best at anything but shot stopping, and even then he can be dodgy on that if it doesn't go where he first expects it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.