Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids 18. I bet there isn’t another 18yr old playing CB in any of the 4 divisions.

They were raving about him at the start, now criticising him that’s just the way it goes.

I remember tony adams being called a donkey, even after he had already played for England.
It takes a while to learn that position. Look at John stones he made mistakes for us

The list is endless of young centre backs who've made mistakes when they were young. They still make them when they are older. As you say he is 18 and centre back is a position that takes years to learn. He will be a star just hope his confidence doesn't take a hit.

The list is endless of young centre backs who've made mistakes when they were young. They still make them when they are older. As you say he is 18 and centre back is a position that takes years to learn. He will be a star just hope his confidence doesn't take a hit.
This exactly.

He's by no means young, but for the sake of efficiency I'll mention Cenk Tosun here:

He's injured, and missed the most recent game on the 26th.

He's made one appearance so far, two weeks ago. 30 mins off the bench against a mob who are second from bottom in the division. Scored twice in a 3-0 win.

TL;DR - absolutely standard from Conk.

Aside from the comparison to McGeady (lots of Preston fans really rated him), Gordon seems to be playing quite well there given his limited minutes. Few Preston fans I know saying he looks good, just needs to settle down a bit more and try not to rush things.

The kids 18. I bet there isn’t another 18yr old playing CB in any of the 4 divisions.

They were raving about him at the start, now criticising him that’s just the way it goes.

I remember tony adams being called a donkey, even after he had already played for England.
It takes a while to learn that position. Look at John stones he made mistakes for us
In the Watford game, where he was criticised, Blackburn had Branthwaite alongside a 19 year old loanee.

He's seemingly done much better alongside Lenihan, the Ireland CB.

Played well in a good 3-0 win for the Tangerines yesterday. Good burst forward into the box and brought down for the pen. Nice feint for the second as it threw the defender and led to a lovely assist for the second. Signs are promising for him, BFC in their run to the play offs and the Toffees long term.

Played well in a good 3-0 win for the Tangerines yesterday. Good burst forward into the box and brought down for the pen. Nice feint for the second as it threw the defender and led to a lovely assist for the second. Signs are promising for him, BFC in their run to the play offs and the Toffees long term.

....Everton loanee & play-offs for Blackpool a bit familiar with Seamus Coleman. Fingers crossed.

Shocked to learn that an 18 year old with about a dozen games under his belt hasn’t been a consistently excellent defensive rock.

It's sort of why you send a player on loan.

As a slight aside, and while I appreciate it's not the gospel but the last gme he played he scored very well on whoscored.com and was viewed as one of the best players on the pitch. Even in the game he had a nightmare in, he was far from Blackburns worst player. It's probably summed up by the fact Mowbray dropped Harwood Bellis who's a year older than Brainthwaite when Lenihan returned. Harwood Bellis has had some involvement with the City 1st team squad, but Brainthwaite, even when making mistakes is clearly viewed ahead of him. At 18 thats quite an acolade.

Also worth noting John Stones, played at right back for Barnsley in the championship at the same age.

It's sort of why you send a player on loan.

As a slight aside, and while I appreciate it's not the gospel but the last gme he played he scored very well on whoscored.com and was viewed as one of the best players on the pitch. Even in the game he had a nightmare in, he was far from Blackburns worst player. It's probably summed up by the fact Mowbray dropped Harwood Bellis who's a year older than Brainthwaite when Lenihan returned. Harwood Bellis has had some involvement with the City 1st team squad, but Brainthwaite, even when making mistakes is clearly viewed ahead of him. At 18 thats quite an acolade.

Also worth noting John Stones, played at right back for Barnsley in the championship at the same age.
Yep, this is exactly what loans are for. If he carries on getting regular games it will have been a pretty much perfect loan. Some highs, some lows, plenty of minutes, that’s exactly what you want. He’s going to make mistakes. He isn’t going to come back a ready made rock whether it’s next season or the season after, there’s going to be ups and downs for a couple of years yet. He seems to be on the right path though.

Yep, this is exactly what loans are for. If he carries on getting regular games it will have been a pretty much perfect loan. Some highs, some lows, plenty of minutes, that’s exactly what you want. He’s going to make mistakes. He isn’t going to come back a ready made rock whether it’s next season or the season after, there’s going to be ups and downs for a couple of years yet. He seems to be on the right path though.

Thats it. If he doesn't make mistakes, you're a bit worried as you think he will make them here.

I understand Blackburn fans frustrations, but it's worth saying they are clearly getting a defender who is too good for the championship in aspects of his game.

I do listen to what opposing fans say, but viewpoints, especially on twitter when people can't go to the game are not always going to be the best barometer. If you read this site even, and see what people felt about Moise Kean last year or whatever. It's not to slate people, but we live in an instanteneous world, and what people say in passing to a mate once is now plastered across the internet.

Mowbray keeps pickins him, ahead of the lad from City, which is very telling to me. He's 18. Stones made his debut here when he was 19. As always some context and proportionality is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.