Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werner played shocking for long periods in the CL last week.

He's on loan for the season. He's coming back and then the manager will decide whether to sell him or not.

Some people want him to stay, some want him to be sold. Only a tiny percentage of people will watch any of his games in Germany.

Nobody is going to change their opinion. We have the same pointless argument every day on here.

Why are you getting heated just showing an error he made? It's just some context to Atrottel's tweets he found, relax.

Why are you getting heated just showing an error he made? It's just some context to Atrottel's tweets he found, relax.

Sorry mate I didn't mean it having a go at you particularly and I'm not heated more just jaded from seeing the same people say the same things every day when nobody is watching him and everyone has already set their stall out.

Like I've said i want him back. I can't even remember the last time i saw him play. But I'm dug in with my view and will keep it even if he utter schize.

Xxx

Sorry mate I didn't mean it having a go at you particularly and I'm not heated more just jaded from seeing the same people say the same things every day when nobody is watching him and everyone has already set their stall out.

Like I've said i want him back. I can't even remember the last time i saw him play. But I'm dug in with my view and will keep it even if he utter schize.

Xxx

Aren't these statements ironic?

Plus I actually do watch him so I guess I don't fall into your jaded category.

Aren't these statements ironic?

Plus I actually do watch him so I guess I don't fall into your jaded category.

No they are true. Everyone has a view if he is good enough and if they want him in the squad next season.

Nobody is watching him play. People will keep their view barring either a meteoric rise or cataclysmic fall in form.

All we are seeing is a few match reviews and a few twitter clips. If people were to change their mind based solely on that I'd have to question their judgment frankly.

No they are true. Everyone has a view if he is good enough and if they want him in the squad next season.

Nobody is watching him play. People will keep their view barring either a meteoric rise or cataclysmic fall in form.

All we are seeing is a few match reviews and a few twitter clips. If people were to change their mind based solely on that I'd have to question their judgment frankly.

I meant more the fact you're judging people saying he's not good enough not watching him this season where you still think he's good enough whilst not watching him this season.

I meant more the fact you're judging people saying he's not good enough not watching him this season where you still think he's good enough whilst not watching him this season.

I'm not judging anyone. If someone is watching him regularly over there and bases their opinion on that then all the better.

Everyone else has their opinion and that's great. How likely is it that their opinion will change without seeing him play or like i said before,reports of him either tearing it up or scoring own goals every week?

I'm not judging anyone. If someone is watching him regularly over there and bases their opinion on that then all the better.

Everyone else has their opinion and that's great. How likely is it that their opinion will change without seeing him play or like i said before,reports of him either tearing it up or scoring own goals every week?
Actually the point of this thread originally (a few seasons ago) was to highlight the match reports, tweets and fan reactions from the clubs where our loan players are appearing. One of the reasons was to help people get more of an informed view about some of the youngsters who may or may not be coming through in the future.

It's easy enough for people with a favourite youth player to argue for them to be in the first team (because the grass is always greener). It's a little bit more difficult when that player is out on loan and, for example, Championship managers and supporters of that team are suggesting that, actually, he may not quite be the dog's bollocks that some people think he is.

I think there are a few people who comment in this thread who take the time to watch Schalke games when they can just to see how Jonjoe is doing in Germany (plus it can be interesting to watch another league and style of play).

Actually the point of this thread originally (a few seasons ago) was to highlight the match reports, tweets and fan reactions from the clubs where our loan players are appearing. One of the reasons was to help people get more of an informed view about some of the youngsters who may or may not be coming through in the future.

It's easy enough for people with a favourite youth player to argue for them to be in the first team (because the grass is always greener). It's a little bit more difficult when that player is out on loan and, for example, Championship managers and supporters of that team are suggesting that, actually, he may not quite be the dog's bollocks that some people think he is.

I think there are a few people who comment in this thread who take the time to watch Schalke games when they can just to see how Jonjoe is doing in Germany (plus it can be interesting to watch another league and style of play).

It's a great thread and you do sterling work in it for which are all very grateful.

I just felt that i had been reading the same people making the same point, in the same way arguing with the same people who were doing exactly the same thing with no give or take to their entrenched opinion.

It wasn't a criticism of people posting information about players, i could have expressed my frustration at that moment in any number of threads where it occurs.

More to the point is that during thrills amd spills of the day id completely forgotten about that post this morning, which suggests this isnt a hill I'm willing to die on.

Championship
Hull City - Matthew Pennington played full match in 0-1 home loss to Barnsley

OS Match Report
"Matt Pennington made an important block from Conor Chaplin’s shot from the edge of the box before the home side saw appeals for a penalty turned down when Maddison went down inside the area."
"Pennington made his second goal-line clearance of the night as he denied substitute Marcel Ritzmaier while at the other end, Irvine’s header was tipped over by Collins."

Fan comments
"Of the 90 minute players only Pennington comes out with any credit."
"Pennington for his 2 goal line clearances but looked like he should have done better with the goal"

Championship
Hull City - Matthew Pennington played full match in 0-4 home defeat to Leeds United

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
Hull City corner. Honeyman delivers towards Pennington, who searches for a man in support with his header, but the ball goes behind for a goal kick.
Samuelsen gets the ball in space following a good interception from Pennington. The Norwegian looks for Magennis at the back post, but his header is cleared by Leeds.

No particular fan comments about him.

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started on the bench and came on in the 83rd minute of a 1-1 home draw with Peterborough United

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 0-3 away loss to FC Köln

OS Match Report

No particular fan comments about his performance.

Fraser Hornby was not in matchday squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.