Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Hull City - Matthew Pennington played full match in 4-4 home draw with Swansea City

OS Match Report
"Pennington glanced a Maddison free kick wide shortly after the restart before the Tigers regained the lead in the 50th minute."
No real comments about him although a few people mentioned him as a candidate for Hull MOTM.

....interesting when a team concedes 4 at home and the CB gets MoM nominations. Regardless, I really wish him well.

Always rated Pennington. What makes Pennington a £5m centre back at most and Mina and Keane £25m+ centre backs continues to puzzle me. Today's transfer market valuations are crazy, even allowing for the importance of years left on contracts.
Pennington got absolutely massacred in the derby, He's Championship level at best sadly unless he does a Duffy and slowly gets better with a lower team and comes up with them.

Their international caps, premier league appearance numbers and the games they have won over the past 2 seasons would go against that statement.

slight exaggeration there putting them on the same level as Pennington.
Haha, exactly. I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but some of the stuff you read on this site is mind boggling.

Haha, exactly. I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but some of the stuff you read on this site is mind boggling.
Haha, it’s the internet.

the poster I responded to probably didn’t actually mean what was written. Just for shock value or fishing for angry responses.

I used to say really positive stuff about DCL (before recent upturn in form), partly because I thought he’d come good, partly because I knew it wound people up, but mostly because he seemed like a good lad in interviews. Never truly expected him to do as well as he’s done recently though.

but as you correctly say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe he’s a master scout and has seen something in Pennington. Knows he’ll start improving at 25/26 and will become a world-beater. He’ll make fools of us all!

Lewis Gibson staking his claim for next season it seems...that second/third choice CB spot is up for grabs as far as I’m concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.