Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
League One
Fleetwood Town - Lewis Gibson played full match in 2-1 away win at AFC Wimbledon
Callum Connolly started, was booked and substituted in the 65th minute of the same match

OS Match Report
"Lewis Gibson thought he had opened his account at Fleetwood five minutes before the interval. Callum Connollly did superbly well to pick out the Everton loanee, but his volley spun in the air and over Joe Day’s crossbar."

Twitter stuff
9' - Yellow card for Connolly, after he caught Pigott in the air. (0-0)
43' - Well worked corner routine sees Connolly nod the ball down for Gibson, who shoots over the crossbar on the volley. (1-1)
77' - Gibson clears Hartigan's corner but only as far as O'Neill, who slices his effort over the crossbar from outside the area. (1-1)

Nathan Broadhead was an unused substitute for Burton Albion

League One
Fleetwood Town - Lewis Gibson played full match in 2-1 away win at AFC Wimbledon
Callum Connolly started, was booked and substituted in the 65th minute of the same match

OS Match Report
"Lewis Gibson thought he had opened his account at Fleetwood five minutes before the interval. Callum Connollly did superbly well to pick out the Everton loanee, but his volley spun in the air and over Joe Day’s crossbar."

Twitter stuff
9' - Yellow card for Connolly, after he caught Pigott in the air. (0-0)
43' - Well worked corner routine sees Connolly nod the ball down for Gibson, who shoots over the crossbar on the volley. (1-1)
77' - Gibson clears Hartigan's corner but only as far as O'Neill, who slices his effort over the crossbar from outside the area. (1-1)

Nathan Broadhead was an unused substitute for Burton Albion

....good sign that Gibson is getting game time. Fleetwood are close to the play-offs and points are vital.

I take your point, but what happens with him will affect the transfer and salary budget.
if he returns, it’s another one we have to get off the books.
I jut hope he is playing well enough for them to want to keep him.

was reading a story about him this morning actually about how he got sent off in a cup game a few games back and even though the ban was over hasn't been put back in the team and either the manager or a director was quoted as saying they have already decided on his future......doesn't sound promising if hes been dropped and they have already made a decision

was reading a story about him this morning actually about how he got sent off in a cup game a few games back and even though the ban was over hasn't been put back in the team and either the manager or a director was quoted as saying they have already decided on his future......doesn't sound promising if hes been dropped and they have already made a decision
Welcome home Bolasie then!!!
Eeek

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started and was substituted in the 66th minute of a 2-2 home draw with Oxford United

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
21. Albion press Oxford high and get their rewards! Broadhead wins it off Taylor and Edwards latches on to it. Has the option to shoot but squares to Lucas, who slides it in! 1-0!

Fleetwood Town - Lewis Gibson played full match in 1-0 away win over Wycombe Wanderers
Callum Connolly started, was booked and was subsituted in the 95th minute of the same match

OS Match Report
"Lewis Gibson hit the bar with his header back across goal from Paul Coutts’ corner."

Twitter stuff
13' - Freeman with a snapshot from inside the box, but it's wide. Meanwhile, Connolly brings down Parker and is booked.
44' - Wow. Close for Wycombe. Parker spins Connolly and rattles the crossbar from a tight angle.
49' - Decent start to the second half for the Cod Army. Connolly has seen a header wide from a free-kick, with Whelan and Coutts and seeing plenty of the ball.
59' - For the third time tonight, we hit the crossbar! Corner played to McKay, who clipped a cross to Gibson who beat Allsop but his effort hit the crossbar. So close.

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started and was substituted in the 66th minute of a 2-2 home draw with Oxford United

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
21. Albion press Oxford high and get their rewards! Broadhead wins it off Taylor and Edwards latches on to it. Has the option to shoot but squares to Lucas, who slides it in! 1-0!

Fleetwood Town - Lewis Gibson played full match in 1-0 away win over Wycombe Wanderers
Callum Connolly started, was booked and was subsituted in the 95th minute of the same match

OS Match Report
"Lewis Gibson hit the bar with his header back across goal from Paul Coutts’ corner."

Twitter stuff
13' - Freeman with a snapshot from inside the box, but it's wide. Meanwhile, Connolly brings down Parker and is booked.
44' - Wow. Close for Wycombe. Parker spins Connolly and rattles the crossbar from a tight angle.
49' - Decent start to the second half for the Cod Army. Connolly has seen a header wide from a free-kick, with Whelan and Coutts and seeing plenty of the ball.
59' - For the third time tonight, we hit the crossbar! Corner played to McKay, who clipped a cross to Gibson who beat Allsop but his effort hit the crossbar. So close.

...sounding particularly positive for Gibson.

...sounding particularly positive for Gibson.

might just be the level but both the last 2 games he seems to have come close to scoring at a corner, seems positive as i didn't see him as that type of defender from my admittedly limited knowledge, assumed he was more of a 'player' than a 'presence' so to speak

might just be the level but both the last 2 games he seems to have come close to scoring at a corner, seems positive as i didn't see him as that type of defender from my admittedly limited knowledge, assumed he was more of a 'player' than a 'presence' so to speak

...good point, I don’t particularly recall him getting on the end of corners at youth level. He’s a solid lad, though, and that upper body bulk is beneficial in aerial duals.

...good point, I don’t particularly recall him getting on the end of corners at youth level. He’s a solid lad, though, and that upper body bulk is beneficial in aerial duals.

good stuff! developing nicely then by all accounts, hope this loan can do wonders for him

Status
Not open for further replies.