Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are winning 2-1.......did, he score?

Nope, looks like after Robles fouled him for the Ken he went off injured after 12 minutes

Probably out for 5 seasons

The worst part is Robles took him out just as Sandro nicked in first and took the ball round him.. there would have been nothing between him and the goal but the last defender which means that we would have got a) another fantastic gif of Sandro missing a great chance or b) he would have actually scored meaning we might get some money for him - fgs Joel!

Haha, indeed a wonderfully titled cup, if you go into the Scottish Football thread you’ll see attempts at guessing the medals!
Tunnocks of course are more famous for their world renowned Tea Cakes, but their Caramel wafers are good too.
Especially the dark chocolate caramel wafers (never seen before this visit), which I may well have for my afternoon tea shortly...

Err, yes, loans. Unsurprisingly, Virginia didn't get on in the last Reading game.

Since I'm lurking up in that area this week, I noticed a bit in the paper about Hamilton's lack of decent strikers in the recent past, so it doesn't look like the competition is particularly strong either...
I think the first Reserve League fixture is on Monday so be interesting to see if he is involved there.
Since we were talking about this match...
Adedoyin started for Hamilton Reserves, won a penalty and had a couple of shots, one cleared off the line.

Since we were talking about this match...
Adedoyin started for Hamilton Reserves, won a penalty and had a couple of shots, one cleared off the line.
A little disappointing that he's playing reserves despite going on loan. Hopefully he earns a first team spot.

A little disappointing that he's playing reserves despite going on loan. Hopefully he earns a first team spot.
I’m surprised your disappointed. This an earlier post covers my view.

. Adeydoyin had one game at u21 in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup but I don’t think he was selected for the next game. I would be very surprised to see him involved in any SPL games this side of Christmas. I know there’s a lot of derision aimed at the Accies/SPL but frankly he’s going to have to prove he’s good enough at U20s first, an unproven 18 year old who hasn’t even played for our U23s is not going to walk straight into a SPL team. I am assuming that there was discussion and agreement between the clubs as to what level he would start at and his development into their SPL squad .

Championship
Derby County - Kieran Dowell played full match and was booked in a 1-2 home defeat to Bristol City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
15' | It's been a quiet start. Palmer has fired wide for the visitors, with @KieranDowell1 having Derby's only effort on goal so far.
22' | Max Lowe does brilliantly down the right and pulls a cross back towards @KieranDowell1, but his shot is blocked and Bristol clear the danger.
52' | @TomLawrence99 fires over from a long-range free-kick, before @KieranDowell1 shoots wide.
81' | @KieranDowell1 joins @Huddz8 in the book after fouling Weimann.

Fan comments
"I'm not terribly concerned about Dowell as yet, as there's been more than enough to suggest he can do a job for us."
"Dowell - arguably brave enough to try things but questionable decision making. ...fluffed decent chances."
"Huddlestone and Dowell were the worst players on the pitch for us, by some margin. They were both awful in possession."
"Dowell - a very poor mans Mount. Looks too lightweight, end product poor"
"You could argue that Dowell tried to be positive but I'm afraid he just doesn't have enough about him."
"Dowell - 4 Give him 15 games before deciding whether you rate him or not? I'd rather give one of our youngsters the time. He hasn't had success in this league before and an awfully defended ball into Waghorn at Stoke is as promising as I've seen from him."

Hull City - Josh Bowler started on the bench, came on in the 67th minute and was booked in a 0-1 home defeat to Blackburn Rovers

OS Match Report

Fan comment
"I liked the flashes of play from Lopes and Bowler. Both look like decent prospects."

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started, was booked and substituted in the 65th minute of a 4-2 away win over Oxford United

OS Match Report
"Albion's start was a positive one with the first shot on target coming from Nathan Broadhead after just four minutes. The Brewers worked the chance well from Colin Daniel's throw in on the left but the angle was always against the young Welshman who saw his effort saved by Eastwood.
And the Everton loanee was involved again on nine minutes sending in a corner that Liam Boyce just failed to get over, steering a header off target at the back post."
"A Broadhead corner was cleared out onto the opposite side after a fine save by Eastwood to deny John Brayford"
"Eastwood could not get much purchase on a clearance and when Broadhead's attempted shot was blocked out as far as FRASER he lashed the ball into the net."

Twitter stuff
5. Early chance for Broadhead - neat pass into the box into his path by Fraser, left of centre - opens his body to side-foot it, but it's held by Eastwood.
30. CHANCE! Brayford gets a head onto Broadhead's deep corner and Eastwood pulls off a good reflex save to deny him!
36. Lovely move! Broadhead clips a ball in to Boyce who backheels it to Scotty - a last-ditch tackle denies him as he shapes to shoot.
42. BOOKED. Yellow card for Nathan Broadhead as he drags Henry back with the Oxford man running clear down the right.
62. Excellent cross into the box from Daniel isn't dealt with. Broadhead chests it down, his shot is blocked and it falls to Scotty, who absolutely smacks it Top Corner. 2-2.

Fan comment
"Broadhead for all he looks threatening needs to keep hold of the ball a bit better."

Status
Not open for further replies.