Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
MuXKCk7AQj3szW943

Not sure how to post instagram stories, but onyekuru just filmed a video of himself inside everton's medical room

Had a look at the replies from the bolton twitter announcement regarding Antonee Robinson.

They all seem proper made up and buzzing that he is staying. Bolton have been poor this season and he by all accounts has been a star in their side. Be interesting how the rest of the season plans out for him, could be that left back we desperately need...

So wrong mate, I live in Bolton and while some see him as decent going forward....many dont even want him in their team.

He is never ever getting close to our team.

FA Cup
Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Middlesbrough

OS Match Report
"After seeing Maja strike the woodwork, Coleman then watched on as Browning powered a header towards goal where Darron Randolph made a stunning point-blank save."

Twitter stuff
69' Randolph produces an outstanding point-blank save to push @tybrowning's header over the crossbar.

No particular comments about Browning - Brendan Galloway was an unused sub at the match.

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match in 1-2 home defeat to Huddersfield Town

OS Match Report
"The game started with gusto, with Antonee Robinson – fresh from extending his loan with the Whites until the end of the campaign – tricking his way into the box before unleashing a dangerous ball across goal which the Terriers cleared at the death."

Fan comments
"Made Robinson motm"
"Thought Morais played well along with Robinson, Ameobi and Little."

Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"Town started on the front foot, with Connolly threatening an opener, then Blues having a handball claim after Luke Chambers had headed goalwards from a corner."
"Connolly headed over but it needed an excellent save from Bialkowski to prevent Samir Carruthers making it two for the visitors after Sharp’s terrific pass."

Twitter stuff
28' Callum Connolly is still receiving treatment off the pitch. The Everton loanee appears to have a bloody nose.
67' CHANCE! Celina's cross was met at full stretch by Connolly, but he couldn't quite keep his header down

Fan comments
"I thought Connolly was very good. So mature on the ball and in his decision making. If we had the money, I'd make him Skuse's replacement."

Barnsley - Joe Williams started and was sent off in the 52nd minute of 1-4 away defeat to Millwall

OS Match Report
"Five minutes later and the game was effectively killed off as a contest when Williams lunged into a tackle on the far side, taking out Wallace and the referee Mr Bond sent him off."

Fan comments
"Williams has been lucky not to have been sent off before , makes some stupid challenges"
"I thought he was a great acquisition. Last couple of games hasn’t been as good, but still a good player. Definitely buy him and he will develop."
"Our best midfield player, more disappointed in him missing 3 league games than the loss today"
"I like Williams, a good wholehearted player who gives his all even when not playing well but he has a habit of getting himself into trouble on the pitch even when he isn't involved. Sending off doesn't come as a surprise to me. Maturity and experience will hopefully sort that out. Shame it wont be with us"
"I think that could be a huge blessing in disguise. I don't think Williams is anywhere near as good yet as some think he is."

He’s worth more than a million quid, but so was Mason Holgate, so it’s swings and roundabouts, hopefully with us putting in a bid, Joe is open to the offer, otherwise why even place the bid, if that’s the case our coaching staff must be doing something right so that’s a positive.

I’m convinced if he wasn’t on loan, he’d be our captain, even at just 21 Year’s of age, he’s always the one our head coach gives information to during stoppages in play, then young Joe passes it on to the rest of the team. Our last big thing was Alfie Mawson, I was surprised EFC didn’t come calling for him last summer. We’ve a few young lads coming through that might step up at some point but nothing concrete as of yet.

@Eggs is a fan of his I believe. Fair play for producing some quality players, especially defensive ones;)

...i’m chuffed he’s impressing for you. He stood out for me a few seasons ago when our youngsters played Manchester United. I reckon he was only 16 and was up against the Brazilian, Anderson, who was returning from injury. Williams wasn’t the most obvious stand out in terms of ability be he was ultra competitive against a full international. He ran himself into the ground and was substituted with 20mins to go but i’d seen enough.

The lad has suffered with a few injuries so it’s great to see him getting good reports. I suppose Everton have no need to sell at this point but he might well be available in the summer.

Both @Eggs and myself like the look of Mawson. Reminds me a bit of John Terry. @NIGHTMARE how is he for pace? He looks very good in everything but hard to tell if he could play in a high defensive line as Swansea are so deep every game.

Honestly I'd take Williams on our bench right now. At the end of the day it comes down to does the player want and believe he will have a chance to earn playing time with us over the coming years, or does he want to be guaranteed regular first team football right now? There's not right/wrong answer here. From what I've seen, he's easily worth a place in most matchday squads. One only has to look at Beni and Davies to see that there will be opportunities to come in and impress. This has been as much of a good loan move and Galloway's have been bad.

I'm high on him simply because he's like a poor man's Tommy Graveson in the sense that he does all the simple things well, and his attitude and engine is top class. Ability will only take you so far. As Carragher said recently, he wasn't the most talented of the lads he went to Lillehall with as a youngster, but he had the mental toughness and desire to succeed, and others more talented didn't. I wish Davies had a bit more Joe Williams and Jonjoe Kenny in him tbh.

Graveson was an attacking player though? Don't you mean Carsley lol (that old joke!)...

Sounds like Williams is quite similar to McCarthy?

Both @Eggs and myself like the look of Mawson. Reminds me a bit of John Terry. @NIGHTMARE how is he for pace? He looks very good in everything but hard to tell if he could play in a high defensive line as Swansea are so deep every game.

Graveson was an attacking player though? Don't you mean Carsley lol (that old joke!)...

Sounds like Williams is quite similar to McCarthy?

He’s quick enough physically, but playing with us at league one and championship level he was so far in front of his opponents in his mind, he was always in a position we’re he never had to chase people or scramble back, he just costed through games looking a class above.

Status
Not open for further replies.