Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a number of clubs have recalled on loan players. Still awaiting any news on ours but of all of them Galloway wouldbethe one I’d bring back quickly. If you can’t get into the Sunderland squad then something is wrong. Bring him back to the U23s and let Unsy and co try to restore his confidence. The last time I saw him properly was about 8 months ago in a televised U23s game playing CB alongside Holgate , and Galloway looked the better player that night. I’m not saying he’s anywhere near our first team squad, but he hasn’t regressed so much that he’s not even capable of getting into a relegation threatened Championship squad. A lot now will depend on his mental attitude to see if he’s up for the challenge ahead. That’s one of the hallmarks Of Joe Williams that despite his injuries, missing out on England caps, getting into our PL squad but not playing etc he’s stuck at it and is proving himself.
I think I know what you're getting at, but the simple fact of the matter is, he has.

This isn't a case of a manager not fancying him, he's now failed to convince Martinez, Koeman, Pulis, Grayson or Coleman that he's got what it takes to be a regular starter. Whether we understand the reasons or not, there is very clearly an issue here because there's no way it's just coincidence or bad luck.

While Sunderland are obviously struggling badly, it's not like he's being kept out of the side by no mark conference players. Oviedo is ahead of him at left back, just like he was here, while Sunderland's bench on Saturday included defenders Billy Jones and Paddy McNair, both of whom have more PL games under their belt than Galloway.

Rejected the bid for Williams:

[Barnsley Manager]:

We did that, that’s come out. How much fact in the reports that have come out... there’s a little bit to it that’s true. I don’t know where it’s come from, whether it’s been Everton’s end, whether it’s been agents.

Yeah, there was a bid but that’s it. [It] was rejected. I don’t know [if Barnsley will make another offer].

It's not been a good advert for the loan system, that's for sure.

They can't all work out well, and sometimes a bad experience can help toughen up a young lad, especially when they can be som pampered these days...

Sunderland newspaper saying Galloway's loan deal might be cancelled to free up a loan spot for them to get someone else in...only made 10 appearances and not started since 9th September.

Think that West Brom loan knackered this lads progress, or maybe just highlighted he was not good enough?

Still awaiting any news on ours but of all of them Galloway wouldbethe one I’d bring back quickly. If you can’t get into the Sunderland squad then something is wrong. Bring him back to the U23s and let Unsy and co try to restore his confidence. The last time I saw him properly was about 8 months ago in a televised U23s game playing CB alongside Holgate , and Galloway looked the better player that night. I’m not saying he’s anywhere near our first team squad, but he hasn’t regressed so much that he’s not even capable of getting into a relegation threatened Championship squad.

Personally, even though he has struggled on two loans, for all the talk of putting Garbutt in at LB instead of Martina, Galloway is the one I'd want for that. Even with all that's happened I think he could do better, especially with Sam's influence and someone strong beside him.

He’s worth more than a million quid, but so was Mason Holgate, so it’s swings and roundabouts, hopefully with us putting in a bid, Joe is open to the offer, otherwise why even place the bid, if that’s the case our coaching staff must be doing something right so that’s a positive.

...i’m chuffed he’s impressing for you. He stood out for me a few seasons ago when our youngsters played Manchester United. I reckon he was only 16 and was up against the Brazilian, Anderson, who was returning from injury. Williams wasn’t the most obvious stand out in terms of ability be he was ultra competitive against a full international. He ran himself into the ground and was substituted with 20mins to go but i’d seen enough.

The lad has suffered with a few injuries so it’s great to see him getting good reports. I suppose Everton have no need to sell at this point but he might well be available in the summer.

...i’m chuffed he’s impressing for you. He stood out for me a few seasons ago when our youngsters played Manchester United. I reckon he was only 16 and was up against the Brazilian, Anderson, who was returning from injury. Williams wasn’t the most obvious stand out in terms of ability be he was ultra competitive against a full international. He ran himself into the ground and was substituted with 20mins to go but i’d seen enough.

The lad has suffered with a few injuries so it’s great to see him getting good reports. I suppose Everton have no need to sell at this point but he might well be available in the summer.

Honestly I'd take Williams on our bench right now. At the end of the day it comes down to does the player want and believe he will have a chance to earn playing time with us over the coming years, or does he want to be guaranteed regular first team football right now? There's not right/wrong answer here. From what I've seen, he's easily worth a place in most matchday squads. One only has to look at Beni and Davies to see that there will be opportunities to come in and impress. This has been as much of a good loan move and Galloway's have been bad.

I'm high on him simply because he's like a poor man's Tommy Graveson in the sense that he does all the simple things well, and his attitude and engine is top class. Ability will only take you so far. As Carragher said recently, he wasn't the most talented of the lads he went to Lillehall with as a youngster, but he had the mental toughness and desire to succeed, and others more talented didn't. I wish Davies had a bit more Joe Williams and Jonjoe Kenny in him tbh.

Honestly I'd take Williams on our bench right now. At the end of the day it comes down to does the player want and believe he will have a chance to earn playing time with us over the coming years, or does he want to be guaranteed regular first team football right now? There's not right/wrong answer here. From what I've seen, he's easily worth a place in most matchday squads. One only has to look at Beni and Davies to see that there will be opportunities to come in and impress. This has been as much of a good loan move and Galloway's have been bad.

I'm high on him simply because he's like a poor man's Tommy Graveson in the sense that he does all the simple things well, and his attitude and engine is top class. Ability will only take you so far. As Carragher said recently, he wasn't the most talented of the lads he went to Lillehall with as a youngster, but he had the mental toughness and desire to succeed, and others more talented didn't. I wish Davies had a bit more Joe Williams and Jonjoe Kenny in him tbh.

...I’m a big fan but I fear it’s a position we are already well covered in and one or two others could be acquired. That will mean there’s quite a few ahead of him in the queue. Allardyce has already said the squad is too big so he’ll have to be very special to leapfrog so many.

Do you think Dowell will play a part in the squad next season. With Barkley departing and Klaassen not deemed good enough. Think he could have a similar impact to DCL, Davies and Kenny if used correctly. Forest fans love him

...I’m a big fan but I fear it’s a position we are already well covered in and one or two others could be acquired. That will mean there’s quite a few ahead of him in the queue. Allardyce has already said the squad is too big so he’ll have to be very special to leapfrog so many.

Understood, but as you or someone else said earlier, he really does strike me as an Allardyce type DM. Regardless, I want to see him next summer and then we can guage how he does in pre-season playing with Prem quality players. Until then, it really is a guess.

Do you think Dowell will play a part in the squad next season. With Barkley departing and Klaassen not deemed good enough. Think he could have a similar impact to DCL, Davies and Kenny if used correctly. Forest fans love him

If he doesn't Toxteth is going to look like a garden party compared to the riots you'll see! Hell I'll fly over with a megaphone and lead them myself!

Good news for Antonee Robinson , err I think . It allows him to develop further , but obviously not in Big Sam’s current thinking.

A line from the Championship - Bolton have extended Antonee Robinson's loan spell from Everton until the end of the season. The full-back has made 20 appearances for Wanderers s

From what's been said he's only just now starting to look pretty decent so Sam would never, ever have played him.

Had a look at the replies from the bolton twitter announcement regarding Antonee Robinson.

They all seem proper made up and buzzing that he is staying. Bolton have been poor this season and he by all accounts has been a star in their side. Be interesting how the rest of the season plans out for him, could be that left back we desperately need...

Had a look at the replies from the bolton twitter announcement regarding Antonee Robinson.

They all seem proper made up and buzzing that he is staying. Bolton have been poor this season and he by all accounts has been a star in their side. Be interesting how the rest of the season plans out for him, could be that left back we desperately need...

..he started off a bit shaky (as reported by @atrottel ) but seems to have really come on in the last few months. He looks a real athlete to me and certainly has something about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.