Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s worth more than a million quid, but so was Mason Holgate, so it’s swings and roundabouts, hopefully with us putting in a bid, Joe is open to the offer, otherwise why even place the bid, if that’s the case our coaching staff must be doing something right so that’s a positive.

Good point mate. You got anyone else we can buy for 2m and then sell for 50m a couple of years later?

I think Williams is highly rated within Everton mate. Not the classiest or flashiest but what he can do is take information on from his manager and carry it out on the pitch.

Good point mate. You got anyone else we can buy for 2m and then sell for 50m a couple of years later?

I think Williams is highly rated within Everton mate. Not the classiest or flashiest but what he can do is take information on from his manager and carry it out on the pitch.

I’m convinced if he wasn’t on loan, he’d be our captain, even at just 21 Year’s of age, he’s always the one our head coach gives information to during stoppages in play, then young Joe passes it on to the rest of the team. Our last big thing was Alfie Mawson, I was surprised EFC didn’t come calling for him last summer. We’ve a few young lads coming through that might step up at some point but nothing concrete as of yet.

I’m convinced if he wasn’t on loan, he’d be our captain, even at just 21 Year’s of age, he’s always the one our head coach gives information to during stoppages in play, then young Joe passes it on to the rest of the team. Our last big thing was Alfie Mawson, I was surprised EFC didn’t come calling for him last summer. We’ve a few young lads coming through that might step up at some point but nothing concrete as of yet.

Cheers mate and that's good to hear the manager is passing the info onto him to pass onto the team. Is Mawson the Swansea defender? How much did you get for him?

He’s worth more than a million quid, but so was Mason Holgate, so it’s swings and roundabouts, hopefully with us putting in a bid, Joe is open to the offer, otherwise why even place the bid, if that’s the case our coaching staff must be doing something right so that’s a positive.

Agree, especially when we bought Stones and Holgate for a combined £4.5 mill. However after the sell on fee, we actually paid you £10mill for Stones. The same will happen if Holgate moves on.

However, as I have said in a previous post, especially with the prices going crazy recently, if we were interested and he was your player there is no way you would accept £1mill from us.

Maybe if Holgates sell on clause was removed or we had a buyback option/sell on clause then thats fair but a straight forward £1mill fee is outrageous.

I think another year on loan with you would be beneficial for everyone though as he seems to be enjoying his football and playing well but long term i'd like to see him at least be given an opportunity for us.

Cheers mate and that's good to hear the manager is passing the info onto him to pass onto the team. Is Mawson the Swansea defender? How much did you get for him?

Yes that’s him £5M with add ons, plus a 15% sell on. Paper talk says WHUFC are chasing him and are prepared to pay over £20M but Swansea want over £30M. So we could be in for a windfall at some stage.

How much did you get for Mawson as its reported as undisclosed? Hopefully you put a sell on clause in place there too. You seem to have some excellent prospects come through your academy that your owners need to start getting the fee's they deserve.

Yes indeed, looks to have really helped his progress, thankfully we didnt listen to the likes of Davek on how detrimental it would be for his development...

Sunderland newspaper saying Galloway's loan deal might be cancelled to free up a loan spot for them to get someone else in...only made 10 appearances and not started since 9th September.

Think that West Brom loan knackered this lads progress, or maybe just highlighted he was not good enough?

Sunderland newspaper saying Galloway's loan deal might be cancelled to free up a loan spot for them to get someone else in...only made 10 appearances and not started since 9th September.

Think that West Brom loan knackered this lads progress, or maybe just highlighted he was not good enough?

It's not been a good advert for the loan system, that's for sure.

I’m convinced if he wasn’t on loan, he’d be our captain, even at just 21 Year’s of age, he’s always the one our head coach gives information to during stoppages in play, then young Joe passes it on to the rest of the team.

I noticed that against Reading. Bodes well for Joe, as does the fact that he looks completely at home at that level at a time in the season when he may be forgiven for showing signs of flagging, given it's his first season in 'mens' football, in a really competitive league, and in a team which is at the lower end of the table.

Must confess I really enjoyed my day at Barnsley and they would be my Championship team to follow but for the dreadful colour of those shirts.

I see a number of clubs have recalled on loan players. Still awaiting any news on ours but of all of them Galloway wouldbethe one I’d bring back quickly. If you can’t get into the Sunderland squad then something is wrong. Bring him back to the U23s and let Unsy and co try to restore his confidence. The last time I saw him properly was about 8 months ago in a televised U23s game playing CB alongside Holgate , and Galloway looked the better player that night. I’m not saying he’s anywhere near our first team squad, but he hasn’t regressed so much that he’s not even capable of getting into a relegation threatened Championship squad. A lot now will depend on his mental attitude to see if he’s up for the challenge ahead. That’s one of the hallmarks Of Joe Williams that despite his injuries, missing out on England caps, getting into our PL squad but not playing etc he’s stuck at it and is proving himself.

I see a number of clubs have recalled on loan players. Still awaiting any news on ours but of all of them Galloway wouldbethe one I’d bring back quickly. If you can’t get into the Sunderland squad then something is wrong. Bring him back to the U23s and let Unsy and co try to restore his confidence. The last time I saw him properly was about 8 months ago in a televised U23s game playing CB alongside Holgate , and Galloway looked the better player that night. I’m not saying he’s anywhere near our first team squad, but he hasn’t regressed so much that he’s not even capable of getting into a relegation threatened Championship squad. A lot now will depend on his mental attitude to see if he’s up for the challenge ahead. That’s one of the hallmarks Of Joe Williams that despite his injuries, missing out on England caps, getting into our PL squad but not playing etc he’s stuck at it and is proving himself.

I'd rather he was back here, he looked tidy on the ball whilst here when filling in at LB. Since then, he seems to be classed as a LB with the clubs he goes on loan to even though he is actually a CB.

I'd like to see Unsworth and co sort him out though...

Status
Not open for further replies.