Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFL Carabao Cup
Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match in 0-3 away defeat to West Ham United

OS Match Report
"Bolton then did have the ball in the net themselves through Aaron Wilbraham, but the assistant referee had already long blown his whistle for Antonee Robinson taking the ball out of play in the build-up."
"As the game entered its final ten minutes, it was all hands to the pump as the Whites looked for a late route back into the clash, with a mazy Robinson run into the six-yard box deserving more than the corner it earned."

Twitter stuff
Aaron Wilbraham has the ball in the net from @Antonee_Jedi's cross but play had long since been called back. (36)
.@Antonee_Jedi lays the ball back to @EaringJack from @A1F1E9's cross... shot blocked. (87)

No particular fan comments

Barnsley - Joe Williams started and was substituted in the 79th minute of a 0-1 defeat away to Tottenham Hotspur

OS Match Report

Fan comment
"Bird and Williams had to work their socks off to cope in the middle with their quick movement."

EFL Carabao Cup
Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match in 0-3 away defeat to West Ham United

OS Match Report
"Bolton then did have the ball in the net themselves through Aaron Wilbraham, but the assistant referee had already long blown his whistle for Antonee Robinson taking the ball out of play in the build-up."
"As the game entered its final ten minutes, it was all hands to the pump as the Whites looked for a late route back into the clash, with a mazy Robinson run into the six-yard box deserving more than the corner it earned."

Twitter stuff
Aaron Wilbraham has the ball in the net from @Antonee_Jedi's cross but play had long since been called back. (36)
.@Antonee_Jedi lays the ball back to @EaringJack from @A1F1E9's cross... shot blocked. (87)

No particular fan comments

Barnsley - Joe Williams started and was substituted in the 79th minute of a 0-1 defeat away to Tottenham Hotspur

OS Match Report

Fan comment
"Bird and Williams had to work their socks off to cope in the middle with their quick movement."

...great experience for Williams up against the likes of Alli at Wembley.

Of all the players out on loan it could be that Joe Williams has the best chance to come back to Everton and succeed.

It is a little worrying that Dowell seems to be fading after a very promising start.

The type of player Dowell is, he will have periods where he isn't involved, especially at his age. He'll be a cracking player. Really good to see Walsh getting some first team experience, hopefully Redknapps sacking won't hinder him.

But I thought Dowell was supposedly too good for the Championship? Or so many said on here.

to be fair mate, the argument was, what is a player like him going to learn in the championship

as in, you cant hone the skills of a player of his kind, playing in a league that is nothing like where we want him to end up (unless you want him to learn how to take a kicking)

hed have been better going on loan into Europe than the championship

But I thought Dowell was supposedly too good for the Championship? Or so many said on here.

I can't speak for everyone else but my argument was he had something to offer this Everton team that we don't (or didn't) currently possess. As I feared we have no creativity in the side, and for all his faults, Dowell is a guy who can create a goal out of nothing in a moment.

I felt training with the 1st team all season and competing for playing time here was the best option, but he's there now, and I hope by the end of the season he has put himself back in the frame.

to be fair mate, the argument was, what is a player like him going to learn in the championship

as in, you cant hone the skills of a player of his kind, playing in a league that is nothing like where we want him to end up (unless you want him to learn how to take a kicking)

hed have been better going on loan into Europe than the championship

He'd learn how to have a more frequent impact. Of course it's unfair, but players like Hazard, Eriksson and de Bruyne are in his position, and it's rare for any of them to go missing in games, whereas Dowell still does, even at a lower level.

I can't speak for everyone else but my argument was he had something to offer this Everton team that we don't (or didn't) currently possess. As I feared we have no creativity in the side, and for all his faults, Dowell is a guy who can create a goal out of nothing in a moment.

I felt training with the 1st team all season and competing for playing time here was the best option, but he's there now, and I hope by the end of the season he has put himself back in the frame.

We're bad enough as it is; we can't afford to carry any more passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.