Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings from the leading newspaper; I agree with the ratings.

"Oyekuru 4: Can tell his future grand-kids that he has played in the Allianz Arena, but that's it."

Matz Sels: 7

Haalde in moeilijke omstandigheden een prima niveau, zonder wereldsaves, maar met veel góeie reddingen. Kansloos bij de doelpunten.

Olivier Deschacht: 6
Europese avond nummer 98, maar speelde als een jong veulen. Scherp in de duels en zelfs met offensieve infiltraties.

Sven Kums: 3
Pakte snel rood na een overtreding in de zestien op Lewandowski. Had slimmer moeten zijn - bij díe fase was een tegengoal geen zekerheid.

Uros Spajic: 7
No-nonsenseprestatie: niet al te veel nadenken, maar knokken voor elke centimeter. Stond meermaals op de juiste plek. Sterk in de lucht.

Andy Najar: 5
Moest vroeg geblesseerd naar de kant. Het was onverantwoord om hem, na langdurige afwezigheid, twee matchen op vijf dagen tijd te laten spelen.

Adrien Trebel: 6
Een partij zoals hij ze graag heeft - veel lopen en beuken. Deed dat goed, met druk vooruit, maar vergat defensief vaak zijn man.

Leander Dendoncker: 6
Zijn kwaliteiten komen stukje bij beetje terug. Maakte veel meters en kon desondanks meestal de juiste keuze maken. Hoopgevende avond.

ws.
Alexandru Chipciu: 6
Startte zoals we hem kennen - zoutloos. Herpakte zich nadien, met veel rushes en één hoogtepunt: een poging tegen de paal.

Nicolae Stanciu: 4
Kreeg een grote kans op de 1-1, maar miste zijn schot compleet. Heeft een duidelijk gebrek aan ritme en vertrouwen.

Sofiane Hanni: 5
Speelde in balbezit zoals Anderlecht dat hoort te doen: met durf en lef. Hád de bal echter weinig. Frustrerend.

Lukas Teodorczyk: 7
Uitstekende wedstrijd, nochtans zonder zelf te dreigen. Was een aanspeelpunt en liet zijn ploegmaats aansluiten. Na een uur stilaan moegestreden.

INVALLERS:
Appiah: 5
In de gegeven context - invallen zonder opwarming tegen je voet - best degelijk. Een topper wordt hij evenwel nooit.

Onyekuru: 4
Kan later aan zijn kleinkinderen zeggen dat hij in de Allianz Arena stond, maar daarmee is alles gezegd.

Carabao League Cup
Barnsley - Joe Williams played full match in 3-2 home win over Derby County

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I was really impressed with Williams today. First half an hour he ran the game and seemed to be involved in everything."
"Williams looked good again although lost the ball a few times in dangerous areas."

Championship
Birmingham City - Liam Walsh started on bench and came on in 80th minute of 0-2 away defeat to Leeds United

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
84 - Walsh's stinging low effort goes between a defender's legs but its another save from the 'keeper. 1-0

Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Nottingham Forest

OS Match Report
"But just as Sunderland looked to be turning the screw once again, Murphy came back to haunt his old club as he latched onto an error from Ty Browning and calmly slotted home."

Fan comments
"As soon as Browning passed to no-one I sensed what was happening. Rocked back in my seat and exhaled."
"Browning, I'm sorry but he should be a boxer. Or a shot putter because he makes John oshea look like Bobby Moore. The kid will never ever make it in the footballing world **** knows what Grayson sees in him"

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell started and was subbed in 69th minute of 1-0 away win over Sunderland

OS Match Report
"Dowell and Bouchalakis both tried their luck from range but the pair's efforts sailed over the bar just before the break."

Twitter stuff

21' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Forest break forward quickly. Dowell plays it out wide for Brereton but his pass for Darikwa is overhit and out of play
32' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Forest win the ball high up the pitch and Dowell tees up Bouchalakis who charges into the area but is crowded out
38' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Traore dances past a couple of challenges before Dowell lets fly from 20 yards buts it's over the bar
47' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Lee Cattermole is shown a yellow card for bringing down Kieran Dowell

Fan comments
"Clough was alright when he came on, Dowell gave the ball away constantly in the second half."

(@Armel Interesting to see that Forest fans are still cheering Anderlecht defeats after all these years...)

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson started and was subbed in 76th minute of 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"It was a bright start for the Whites however, with the Blades forced onto the backfoot with Antonee Robinson causing problems from his left-sided berth alongside finding space in the middle on the counter-attack."

Twitter stuff
First shots in anger for Bolton as @Antonee_Jedi has an effort blocked before Gary Madine drags wide. (5)

Fan comments
"Thought Robinson and Little played well and that's about it."
"Robinson and Little had good games."

Matthew Pennington (injury), Conor Grant (concussion) and Brendan Galloway were not in matchday squads.

Carabao League Cup

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I was really impressed with Williams today. First half an hour he ran the game and seemed to be involved in everything."
"Williams looked good again although lost the ball a few times in dangerous areas."

Championship
Birmingham City - Liam Walsh started on bench and came on in 80th minute of 0-2 away defeat to Leeds United

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
84 - Walsh's stinging low effort goes between a defender's legs but its another save from the 'keeper. 1-0

Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Nottingham Forest

OS Match Report
"But just as Sunderland looked to be turning the screw once again, Murphy came back to haunt his old club as he latched onto an error from Ty Browning and calmly slotted home."

Fan comments
"As soon as Browning passed to no-one I sensed what was happening. Rocked back in my seat and exhaled."
"Browning, I'm sorry but he should be a boxer. Or a shot putter because he makes John oshea look like Bobby Moore. The kid will never ever make it in the footballing world **** knows what Grayson sees in him"

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell started and was subbed in 69th minute of 1-0 away win over Sunderland

OS Match Report
"Dowell and Bouchalakis both tried their luck from range but the pair's efforts sailed over the bar just before the break."

Twitter stuff

21' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Forest break forward quickly. Dowell plays it out wide for Brereton but his pass for Darikwa is overhit and out of play
32' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Forest win the ball high up the pitch and Dowell tees up Bouchalakis who charges into the area but is crowded out
38' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Traore dances past a couple of challenges before Dowell lets fly from 20 yards buts it's over the bar
47' SAFC 0-0 #NFFC: Lee Cattermole is shown a yellow card for bringing down Kieran Dowell

Fan comments
"Clough was alright when he came on, Dowell gave the ball away constantly in the second half."

(@Armel Interesting to see that Forest fans are still cheering Anderlecht defeats after all these years...)

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson started and was subbed in 76th minute of 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"It was a bright start for the Whites however, with the Blades forced onto the backfoot with Antonee Robinson causing problems from his left-sided berth alongside finding space in the middle on the counter-attack."

Twitter stuff
First shots in anger for Bolton as @Antonee_Jedi has an effort blocked before Gary Madine drags wide. (5)

Fan comments

Matthew Pennington (injury), Conor Grant (concussion) and Brendan Galloway were not in matchday squads.

...chuffed that Joe Williams appears to be turning things around.

Really feel for Galloway. The last season and a bit has set him back enormously. It's especially interesting to watch Williams, Walsh and Dowell this season for various reasons. Williams needed some senior exposure after injury problems, Walsh needed to be tested at a decent level to see if he can run games the way he can for the reserves, and Dowell needs this exposure to try and get a degree of consistency in his game. Hopefully all three will benefit enormously from this season.

Carabao League Cup

OS Match Report

Fan comments

Championship

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff

OS Match Report

Fan comments

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff

Fan comments

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff

Fan comments

Oh well I doubt Anderlecht will ever play them again; they belong in a time when RSCA was still able to win things on a European level (a lot is needed for that to return; all the good players leave). The stadium is called after their best friend: Constant Van Den Stock stadium. Didn't do him good the whole affair, he got blackmailed for years after the whole thing by local underworld figures and some ended up dead.

...I think it's difficult to see Browning and Galloway having futures at Everton.
I think their biggest problem is the same problem that Holgate struggles with; they are tweeners. They are hard to classify positionally because they aren't the ideal size to play the CB position, but they aren't quite skilled enough going forward either to play fullback. If we were looking at Browning and Holgate defensively, you'd have to say they aren't that bad. I for the life of me can't believe how far Galloway has fallen.

In reality, most are probably in that bucket.

..I have it in mind that they really need to impress on loan. One or two might be sent who the coaches are a little unsure about, the very best (like Tom Davies) will come straight in. I think the strategy of buying in top quality potential is already paying off with the likes of DCL, Lookman and Holgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.