2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yerry for me is a player I can’t make my mind up about, he does so many contradictory things, some very good, some ridiculous and amateur like, maybe when he settles in with Holgate as his partner he will settle down and become a consistently good centre back, sometimes I feel confident he will come good and other times he frustrates the life out of me. Time will tell.

Yerry for me is a player I can’t make my mind up about, he does so many contradictory things, some very good, some ridiculous and amateur like, maybe when he settles in with Holgate as his partner he will settle down and become a consistently good centre back, sometimes I feel confident he will come good and other times he frustrates the life out of me. Time will tell.

Think its hard to judge our defence at present until we actually bring in a proper defensive midfielder in the summer.

I agree though Mina is one that has you scratching your head.

Think its hard to judge our defence at present until we actually bring in a proper defensive midfielder in the summer.

I agree though Mina is one that has you scratching your head.
Yes a good defensive midfielder could make a big difference to Mina’s game, then again Schneiderlin had a decent game v Crystal Pal and Yerry was all over the place, he was even worse than Keane in that game, which is very hard to do.

Said from the start he has a bit of a David Luiz about him.

Fantastic defender on his day, but prone to being an erratic lunatic on occasion.
It's whether the former can outweigh the costs of the latter.

I thought that he should have made an effort to defend the cross for the first, and that he got caught a couple of yards ahead of the line for the second.

Overall, though, I'd say he's been a positive this season. I'm quite surprised at how many on here don't seem to rate him.

Not specifically related to Mina alone, yes you too Mr Baines & Mr Sidibe, but what the hell constitutes a "premier league" defender. Do the coaching staff totally disregard any inability to perform basic defensive duties?

Status
Not open for further replies.