2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....mmmm, controversially, i’d really like to see the Mina/Zouma partnership in our defence.
It’s the one area of the team you shouldn’t really rotate. If Mina continues his form on Saturday, I’d be happy with any combination of the 3

It’s the one area of the team you shouldn’t really rotate. If Mina continues his form on Saturday, I’d be happy with any combination of the 3

...I agree with not rotating, I was ok with Zouma/Keane last season because it worked but I think the intention was to partner Zouma with Mina. It’s ok sticking with Mina/Keane to see if the partnership works but I have my doubts.

I have to admit to not being a Keane fan, but he did fine last season.

Completely agree here. I’ve seen a number of people saying Zouma was a last minute signing and Mina was meant to start, but they assume instead of Zouma when I think it was instead of Keane. Keane was absolutely dreadful last pre season, I think silva made his mind up on him at that point and was pleasantly surprised by how he turned out over the season.

On what I've seen of Mina and Zouma so far this season, there's only one of them I'd have in the Everton back four - and he doesn't play for Chelsea.
Yes - I'm well aware that we're only one game into the season, but I'm just as good at making snap judgements as the next man.

He’s been exceptional whenever I’ve seen him for club or country (apart from Millwall when EVERYONE was awful)
He’s a massive unit who can pass the ball, given a chance I think he could brilliant.
His balance isn’t his strongest point

People confused being injured with being a bad player. Truth is we have little idea what kind of player he is as we haven’t seen enough, but what we have seen has all been good. Millwall was bad but the entire team was bad that day and quite the entire club should’ve been shut down and burnt after that display.

Status
Not open for further replies.