Yellow and Black.... I Mean BLUE fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

groggsie

Player Valuation: £750k
Hey guys.

Was just reading this on my Australian Rules (AFL) forum... and thought how much it reminds me of Everton. I've only been a Blue since 2006, but this seems so apt.
We haven't won a premiership since 1980 (before I was born!) and have only seen 5 finals appearances since.

Enjoy the read (replace Yellow and Black with Blue!)

It’s not a new illness by any stretch of the imagination. It has been in existence of over 100 years. It has affected over 70 000 Australians in 2015 and all signs point to a continued rise in this contagion. The biggest problem associated with this condition, is once it is in your bloodstream, there is no cure.

There is also some evidence that once a person is in its grip, the DNA can be altered and future generations may also be impacted. Sure it can be immunized against, but the vaccination process is much worse than the disease. The disease does not discriminate through class or suburb, vocation, religion, gender or race. It’s Yellow and Black Fever and it is currently sweeping the Melbourne Media, which will only spread this virus further into the community.

While it will not kill you, it can induce moments of extreme stress, increase blood pressure, bring on an inclination to gamble, spend way too much time on the internet, cause the loss of vision in one eye, induce periodic attacks of bi-polar like swings, cause you to be shunned by other members of society and over the last 30 years to be looked upon with great pity. Those with this condition are often drawn together, to wail in frustration or scream with delight, such is the curious nature of the beast.

While some have speculated to a link to alcoholism, Aggression and mild Tourette’s but it is now believed if these conditions do manifest themselves then that is because of a pre existing condition. Thankfully, at this stage there is no known association with the loss of teeth.

It’s not all downside though. Those inflicted with this “curse” join a mass of like afflicted siblings. Like any family, while they all want positive outcomes for the group the major discussions came about the best way to achieve said outcomes. There are moments of euphoria; normally associated with what’s known as sirens palsy. There are releases of stress to rival Mt Vesuvius and a hatred of maggots, white and other colours.

The biggest danger with this illness spreading through the media is that it can heighten expectations beyond the reasonable. Goals set many months before become unimportant and new goals get set. If they are not reached, a giant feeling of disappointment can be assured regardless of if the original goals were met or exceeded.

It truly is a strange disease, one I am inflicted with myself. The truly bizarre thing is, while I have been “suffering” from this since 1978 I am glad there is no cure, as I wouldn’t want it.

- See more at: http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/yellow-and-black-fever/#sthash.DhBVYdwo.dpuf

Funnily enough I'm also a Tiger tragic. It also makes me very glad to think all this time I haven't been the only one who has thought the two clubs were so similar!

yellow and black is also the colours of the Wellington Hurricanes who are in a ding dong final for the all NZ Super 15 rugby final this w'end vs the Highlanders (who traditionally wear blue). Neither team has previously won the championship, Should be an absolute cracker!

yellow and black is also the colours of the Wellington Hurricanes who are in a ding dong final for the all NZ Super 15 rugby final this w'end vs the Highlanders (who traditionally wear blue). Neither team has previously won the championship, Should be an absolute cracker!

Get up the mighty 'Landers!

haha...no way is the classy Everton FC and its knowledgeable football fans in any way reminiscent of the ferals that support the Richmond FC.

Exhibit A

I won't even discuss the incident of dumping manure at the training ground after another loss...

"In 2001, another proactive fan tried to remedy Richmond's poor start to the season by dumping a load of chicken manure on the club's doorstep. Countless others tore up their memberships and posted them back to the club as their way of motivating their beloved Tigers."

haha...no way is the classy Everton FC and its knowledgeable football fans in any way reminiscent of the ferals that support the Richmond FC.

Exhibit A

I won't even discuss the incident of dumping manure at the training ground after another loss...

"In 2001, another proactive fan tried to remedy Richmond's poor start to the season by dumping a load of chicken manure on the club's doorstep. Countless others tore up their memberships and posted them back to the club as their way of motivating their beloved Tigers."

And do we know what happened in 2001???? We made a preliminary final!! So the motivation worked!!

And I can't speak for many of the newer clubs (I'm going to watch GWS this weekend) but all the big clubs like Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn all have their bogan supporters.

And Port!

The difference in the social background of Adelaide's two teams is a stark contrast. Crows' fans all seem to be from the professional classes whereas Port is most definitely the 'blue collar' side. That's why I like Port.

I also have a soft spot for Hawthorn because of John Platten. Could always count on him to start a scrap (And usually get muftied!) in the days before it became the 'Gay FL'

Status
Not open for further replies.